What's new

Scuttle Poll

If you are looking for advice on what to buy, you might want to describe what characteristics of a scuttle are important to you, ie. retains heat well etc.

I started the poll but closed the window accidently so was not able to add options to complete it. Technically, it should not have allowed me to post that. It would be a nice feature if one could delete their own posts. I guess that's a B&B decision because vBulletin has the capability. Anywho, I am not looking on advise on what to get. I wanted to poll the percentages of Georgetown vs. Dirty Bird in particular.

I never tried one. I almost bought some, but they were either too expensive, or had hairline cracks.
I am open to trying one.

I never tried one. I almost bought some, but they were either too expensive, or had hairline cracks.
I am open to trying one.

The Georgetown Pottery seconds are pretty affordable and many people (myself included) are not able to figure out what makes them seconds.

I have a Georgetown 2nd and a scuttle made for me by a local artist (Creative Flame on Etsy). I like them both, but the one made for me by my friend has more sentimental value, so it'd rank as my favorite.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'll cast my vote for Robert Becker (who I understand is taking a well deserved sabbatical)! He gets 'alota' love here because he is such fine 'Potter' with great customer service!

proxy.php
"The things I make [in pottery shop] may be for others, but how I make them is for me". Tony Konovaloff

Last edited:
I was curious, are the "scuttles" that hold the puck of soap on top and have a water area below simply called Scuttles? or is there a different name for them, I saw a few online and wanted to comment on how neat you "XYZ" was but wasn't sure if it was indeed called a scuttle? lol..:blink:

Both types seem to be called scuttles. The type you describe above is, IMO, close to pointless. I had a couple and have kept one because it is Wedgwood and a thing of beauty, with a matching brush. However, it is mostly for decoration and I use it only to hold the soap and soak the brush. A mug would hold the soap better and I could just as easily soak the brush in anything, including my Georgetown Pottery G20. OTOH, the G20 is wonderful for building the lather in and keeping it nice and warm.

I will look into it. Thanks.

I cannot find the seconds. Which site did you find them at?

When I ordered, I just emailed them about it. I just went on the website now and used the "search" box on the top right and searched "seconds" and both came up. G12 @ $30 and G20 @ $35. They're really beautiful, but since it got warm, I've been almost exclusively face lathering. I need to start using the scuttle again soon.

Top Bottom