What's new

SCS " New Spice " for Canada?

Hi everyone,

I was browsing the SCS website looking for the much appraised "New Spice" EDT, and I noticed that, like all EDT, it could only be shipped to the contiguous United States. English isn't my first language and I'm not sure what contiguous means, but does it mean that "New Spice" EDT cannot be shipped to Canada?

Hi everyone,

I was browsing the SCS website looking for the much appraised "New Spice" EDT, and I noticed that, like all EDT, it could only be shipped to the contiguous United States. English isn't my first language and I'm not sure what contiguous means, but does it mean that "New Spice" EDT cannot be shipped to Canada?

You got it. Can only be shipped within the US.

I can ship alcohol based products only in the lower 48 States by ground or Parcel Post as ORM-D.

I cannot ship alcohol products to the US States of Alaska or Hawaii; nor to Canada, or Internationally.
Sue

Hi everyone,

Welcome to B&B, Ryuiku! Do not hesitate to post. Your English is far better than my French. :001_smile

-Pete

Don't know if this helps... I will be going to Toronto in May. I believe your Victoria weekend. The weekend before our Memorial Day.

I can always bring it with me. I will be in Guelph University south of Toronto.

Just a thought...

Don't know if this helps... I will be going to Toronto in May. I believe your Victoria weekend. The weekend before our Memorial Day.

Just a thought...

Thank you for suggesting it, but unfortunetely, Toronto is a bit far from where I live :frown:

Just a thought...

Guelph is west of Toronto. South of Toronto is Lake Ontario. Or Buffalo.

If you live close to the U.S. border, there may be parcel reception services that would allow you to ship products to a U.S. address and then pick them up at your convenience (usually they expect you within thirty days or you get late charges). We have them here on the west coast, usually about $5 a parcel.

If you do not live near the border I recommend making some american friends :) and taking a trip to meet them after a few months of mailing products to their house.

If you live close to the U.S. border, there may be parcel reception services that would allow you to ship products to a U.S. address and then pick them up at your convenience (usually they expect you within thirty days or you get late charges). We have them here on the west coast, usually about $5 a parcel.

If you do not live near the border I recommend making some american friends :) and taking a trip to meet them after a few months of mailing products to their house.

This is what I've done with some work stuff. They might look at you a little funny when you declare you're only going to be in the US for an hour, but if you go to a less busy crossing it's still an easy trip. It cost $15 per pallet, so the rate was nothing short of reasonable.

If a keen American on this board wanted to help his fellow Canadians and make a few bucks they could set up a system where the Canadian customers paid for and had shipped their product to them and they charged five bucks or so to ship it over the border via USPS. The American would make a few bucks while the Canadian would probably pay the same by avoiding customs charges.

But *ahem* I don't condone these sorts of things.

If a keen American on this board wanted to help his fellow Canadians and make a few bucks they could set up a system where the Canadian customers paid for and had shipped their product to them and they charged five bucks or so to ship it over the border via USPS. The American would make a few bucks while the Canadian would probably pay the same by avoiding customs charges.

But *ahem* I don't condone these sorts of things.

I believe the reason it can't go in the first place is USPS; they won't ship products containing alcohol.

I hate double-posting, but I remembered something important.

Sue, is your product labeled as "Made in USA"? If someone drives down to the US to pick up some stuff and can prove it was produced in the USA because of NAFTA they'll only have to pay taxes on it. It's not a great deal, but it saves a bit of money anyway.

I hate double-posting, but I remembered something important.

Sue, is your product labeled as "Made in USA"? If someone drives down to the US to pick up some stuff and can prove it was produced in the USA because of NAFTA they'll only have to pay taxes on it. It's not a great deal, but it saves a bit of money anyway.

No, not specifically "Made in the USA"; Saint Charles, Missouri.

Regarding the previously posted suggestion:
I would strongly recommend considering the consequences of a forum member shipping ORM by air or outside the US without Hazmat Certification and a License. The fines start around 20K along with potential complimentary housing and meals for the length of the sentance.
Sue

Second the warning from Sue. Hazardous Goods regulations both north and south of the border are nothing to fool with. Alcohol based products are covered under the regs, and it gets prohibitively expensive for a manufacturer to comply with them unless there is significant market demand. Your far better off to make a trip down south and buy them yourself, have a friend from the States bring the goods along when they come to visit (remember, within reason and in checked baggage only if you're flying), or find something already available in Canada that suits your tastes until you can make another trip south of the border
Wayne

Hi Sue,

I understand your fears but just let you know that i have bought over of FIFTY.. scents overseas without any problem.
Also as you know i am very interested to try your scents but i can't.....
p.s:I will happy if there is any member who can help me to try(buy) the SCS scents,if yes please pm for details!!!!

Best regards from Athens,
Giannis
No, not specifically "Made in the USA"; Saint Charles, Missouri.

Regarding the previously posted suggestion:
I would strongly recommend considering the consequences of a forum member shipping ORM by air or outside the US without Hazmat Certification and a License. The fines start around 20K along with potential complimentary housing and meals for the length of the sentance.
Sue

Hi Sue,

I understand your fears but just let you know that i have bought over of FIFTY.. scents overseas without any problem.
Also as you know i am very interested to try your scents but i can't.....
p.s:I will happy if there is any member who can help me to try(buy) the SCS scents,if yes please pm for details!!!!

Best regards from Athens,
Giannis

The seller probably (hopefully) had the proper certified Hazmat training and purchased the LIcense; if you purchased from a large Fragrance House or dealer. Both are logistically and financially out of my reach.

If shipped to you w/ a customs declaration of 'cosmetics' and no alcohol, the shipper just didn't get caught :)

Believe me when I say I would love to be able to ship products with alcohol to you.
Sue

Maybe some enterprising Canadian could convince Sue to license her alcohol-based products for local manufacture and distribution. Not likely, I suppose, but ya never know!

Dave

Top Bottom