What's new

SCS Bulgarian Rose vs. GFT Rose Shave Soaps

I have been thinking of buying another rose shave soap as the QED "Wild Rose" SS tends to burn my face (but I love the fragrance). I was wondering if members who have used both could highlight some pros/cons of each soap and simplify this decision for me (and please do not suggest buying both, as I already have many soaps and I intend to buy only one of the above :001_smile). Thanks.

Bulgarian Rose and GFT Rose I would consider not comparing apples to apples in terms of fragrance.

BR from SCS uses actual BR oil from well....Bulgaria. As with their normal Rose soap it is the real deal in terms of scent and it is wonderful if you want a scent as close as possible to the real thing. I don't know if potent would be best to describe SCS' version but it is and if you love Bulgarian Rose this is the one. As for performance, SCS has become one of my favorites and I would consider it an equal to all of the 3 T's.

GFT is very nice as well. Not a natural smelling rose by any means, IMO of course. It smells sweeter than a rose so I would not consider it clone of any rose. But by no means is it terrible just not what I was expecting being a rose fan. Performance, top notch. Does very well face lathering and has no issues providing a close shave that leaves the skin soft and supple.

There's a SCS BR on BST right now by the way. Hurry I'm going to beat you to it:001_smile

I'm with azmark about the scents. SCS smells like a real rose. GFT, something else. I would say GFT may have an edge on the lather performance side but SCS is still very good. SCS does samples I believe. Call Sue up or email her to inquire. If scent is what you want, I say SCS all the way. If you just want a sweet scent but all about performance, then GFT. Pricing wise, I believe SCS is probably half.

Thanks guys. I am a bit partial towards artisanal soap makers having received some of the best products and customer service from them. My only concern was the scent, but it seems like SCS may be the way to go.

Since we're talking rose soap scents, can anyone answer this question? How does the scent of the SCS Bulgarian Rose soap compare to the SRD Bulgarian Rose Otto soap?

whitebar said:
Since we're talking rose soap scents, can anyone answer this question? How does the scent of the SCS Bulgarian Rose soap compare to the SRD Bulgarian Rose Otto soap?

SDR is more intense but SCS hold it's own very,very well and much cheaper:001_cool:

I just bought the SCS Bulgarian Rose EDT as well. My goodness, this is a FANTASTIC take on rose. It's got rose, but there are also dark spicey, peppery, liquor like notes in it as well. Absolutely fantastic. My girlfriend doesn't like rose on a guy, but she thinks this is extremely sexy as an evening, out on the town scent.

Top Bottom