What's new

Scrubbing Bubbles (again)

Other variants of the product have quaterinary ammonium chlorides or didecyldimonium chloride in them. The aerosols use isobutane as a propellant, another "evil" chemical that's used in the much-reviled "canned goo."
:a47::a30::a33::a6:

Edit: to be more specific, regular bleach is sodium hypochlorite. Just seeing chloride doesn't automatically mean bleach. After all, I regularly add sodium chloride to my food and it hasn't killed me yet.[/QUOTE]

Actually, my doctor told me to reduce my sodium chloride intake as it may shorten my life! LOL

The green can is good to go ... used it on variety of razors ... even used Lysol's version to no ill effect.

I just remember during my Hazmat training, any chemical containing Chloride as being corrosive to metal.
This more or less what I meant. As combination my not be bleach by name will be corrosive to metal, always.

There may be some truth to that. Even the table salt I mentioned earlier, mixed with some water in high enough concentration, would eventually start to damage the razor. I suspect it's the same situation here. Strength plus time of exposure that you would use Scrubbing Bubbles risks no damage to the razor. Whereas true bleach has been shown to cause near immediate negative effects.

Edit: to be more specific, regular bleach is sodium hypochlorite. Just seeing chloride doesn't automatically mean bleach. After all, I regularly add sodium chloride to my food and it hasn't killed me yet.

Actually, my doctor told me to reduce my sodium chloride intake as it may shorten my life! LOL

The green can is good to go ... used it on variety of razors ... even used Lysol's version to no ill effect.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there it's the sodium that's the issue.

Top Bottom