What's new

Script like the Declaration of Independence?

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any worksheets or the just a sheet of all the letters and numbers of a script that resembles the wording in the Declaration of Independence. I love this style and would like to attempt emulating it. I admit that I'm new to the artform and this might be a little ambitious, but I would at least like to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any worksheets or the just a sheet of all the letters and numbers of a script that resembles the wording in the Declaration of Independence. I love this style and would like to attempt emulating it. I admit that I'm new to the artform and this might be a little ambitious, but I would at least like to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This article may help if I understand your request. Good luck!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Cool info. Gosh how did they write like that. I’m in awe especially when I see my own scrawl.

You can write it, all it takes is a bit of knowledge and practice. You don't need hours and hours of practice, just a daily dedication of about 20-30 minutes.
Writing Spencerian is really just developing your fine motor skills and creating a muscle memory.

Michael Sull (Gardner KS), is the number one Master Penman in the world (there are only 13), and one of the kindest people ever to pick up a pen.
Check out his stuff, he has kits that will let you self teach and teach your kids. Kids love this form of writing and pick it up quickly.

Last edited:
Awesome. It’s hard to imagine that someone penned the document. It looks more like something from a printing press.

Having just returned to the world of cursive writing and fountain pens, I find myself drawn to information like this.

Top Bottom