What's new

Scrimshaw scales

So I'm working on a project.ive done 4 scrimshaw pieces so far. I will post a pic of my latest effort as soon as I finish. Would like to see your scrimshaw scales . Thanks.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I honed these a couple of years ago, the owner had contacted me and told me he had a seven day set of wedges to hone, he didn't mention the scrimshaw. I was speechless. Since then I have worked with Bob on other projects, to say these are a masterpiece in an understatement.

Holy moly....those are incredible!! If only one could own those and Antoine"s...that would be the master set of all times.

I've seen them before and they are so beautiful. I just wish there would have been scales with Greta Garbo, Ingrid Bergman and E!isabeth Taylor as well.
bergmaningridbio.jpg
T1K0X_ZnYxt50sS-crF8zSvm1bQ.jpg
ladda ned (2).jpeg

Wow, such a craftsman..... Honestly, I love Antoine’s set of wildlife, but those lovely ladies are striking!

Now was there much of a history of scrimshaw scales, or is this more of a recent development. Obviously it couldn’t have been too common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted a photo of this razor a few weeks ago in the straight razor acquisition thread, but I thought it would be appropriate to post it again here. Alfred Dunhill with scrimshaw scales - I have no idea when this razor was made. It is one of a set.
IMG_0548.JPG

Those Bob Herbert razors are amazing. Being a big horror fiction fan, I'd love to see a rendition of famous horror authors - Poe, Lovecraft, Bierce, Blackwood, James, etc. Maybe even some of the newer authors - King, Barker, Matheson, Koontz, etc.

Top Bottom