What's new

Scratches

R

romsitsa

This is sad guys. It will cost me around 60usd to ship the item back to Arizona. I asked the courrier services available here. So I guess I’ll resort to a stainless steel polish or sandpaper. What do you guys think? Will 1,500 grit do?

Just ask Matt, what they can do, before sanding it. It's higly unlikely that you will get finish similar to the factory one, so the look still will be "off".

This is sad guys. It will cost me around 60usd to ship the item back to Arizona. I asked the courrier services available here. So I guess I’ll resort to a stainless steel polish or sandpaper. What do you guys think? Will 1,500 grit do?
You shouldn't have to pay anything to have that returned. The shipping should be on Matt as it was his screw up!! He was just bragging on another forum yesterday or the day before how his customer service and product has increased so much in the last couple years so here is an opportunity for him to make good on his comments or to find out if its the same old let down from RE!!

First of all, I can’t wrap my head around a $250 razor. I suppose such a thing exists because some people will buy it. Given that it does exist, at that price nothing less than ABSOLUTE PERFECTION is to be expected. Don’t attempt to repair it, but complain very vocally to the seller and on every social media site until complete satisfaction is obtained.

I don't have as much experience polishing as some others on this forum, but I would start with something like Simichrome on a Q tip, and just go back and forth in the same direction for a while, wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and check the progress. Then do it again.

Might take longer this way, but I think you could smooth it over pretty well. As others have said, you probably won't be able to get it completely perfect.

You shouldn't have to pay anything to have that returned. The shipping should be on Matt as it was his screw up!! He was just bragging on another forum yesterday or the day before how his customer service and product has increased so much in the last couple years so here is an opportunity for him to make good on his comments or to find out if its the same old let down from RE!!
Thank you for the info sir.

First of all, I can’t wrap my head around a $250 razor. I suppose such a thing exists because some people will buy it. Given that it does exist, at that price nothing less than ABSOLUTE PERFECTION is to be expected. Don’t attempt to repair it, but complain very vocally to the seller and on every social media site until complete satisfaction is obtained.
I havent tried to repair it. I even sent Matt an email to check on the razor before sending it. It was a fathers’ day gift from my wife.

Just wondering if the package looked tempered with when you received it?
Maybe customs toyed around with your razor.
The box came in perfectly sir.

Attachments

• 3FD11610-CC3E-423D-A116-40114086F88F.jpeg
    3FD11610-CC3E-423D-A116-40114086F88F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 958D41D5-FD49-45AF-90F1-B0747CBE7DA8.jpeg
    958D41D5-FD49-45AF-90F1-B0747CBE7DA8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
I agree with the comments to have the vendor make it right. It’s faulty because it was mailed defective. It’s all on the vendor, you shouldn’t pay anything to get a new razor. And if he wants the defective razor back, he needs to send you a prepaid shipping label. Lastly, let him know this is being shared on B & B.

I have to agree with the vendor on this one.
The razor was sent out on June 22nd with 2 day postal service to an address in California, USA.
1 month later, someone in the Philippines complains that he has a scratch on his razor.

1- Nothing proves that the razor was sent out damaged. In 1 month's time, damage could have happened by a lot of people.
2- Why would RE pay for postage from the Philippines when it was originally posted to an address within the US?

The solution they offered is actually pretty reasonable, you pay the postage fee, they replace the base plate.

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with the vendor on this one.
The razor was sent out on June 22nd with 2 day postal service to an address in California, USA.
1 month later, someone in the Philippines complains that he has a scratch on his razor.

1- Nothing proves that the razor was sent out damaged. In 1 month's time, damage could have happened by a lot of people.
2- Why would RE pay for postage from the Philippines when it was originally posted to an address within the US?

The solution they offered is actually pretty reasonable, you pay the postage fee, they replace the base plate.

Hi sir. Im not asking for Matt of RE to pay for the postage of the razor. And youre right that it should only be the cost of the postage from California to Arizona ifever I’ll return it. Im here to ask for opinions and what I can do to get rid of the scratches. As for the razor if it was defective when sent, I would think that it was. It happens and its alright with me. It was triple boxes and the boxes were perfect when I got them. Theres the box for the razor, box from USPS and box from LBC (Philippines courrier). Matt has been great to talk to. He sent me an RMA with prepaid postage. He didnt even ask me if the box was damage when I got it. He was very easy to talk to. Im now talking to shipping cart on the process on how to return the razor.

Attachments

• 589F9135-D763-45F9-A3B9-97189E7BD792.jpeg
    589F9135-D763-45F9-A3B9-97189E7BD792.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 39D2F8F1-8E22-4196-8778-808D0685A1C9.jpeg
    39D2F8F1-8E22-4196-8778-808D0685A1C9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Hi sir. Im not asking for Matt of RE to pay for the postage of the razor. And youre right that it should only be the cost of the postage from California to Arizona ifever I’ll return it. Im here to ask for opinions and what I can do to get rid of the scratches. As for the razor if it was defective when sent, I would think that it was. It happens and its alright with me. It was triple boxes and the boxes were perfect when I got them. Theres the box for the razor, box from USPS and box from LBC (Philippines courrier). Matt has been great to talk to. He sent me an RMA with prepaid postage. He didnt even ask me if the box was damage when I got it. He was very easy to talk to. Im now talking to shipping cart on the process on how to return the razor.
Great to hear that they're taking care of you!
I was kind of disappointed that this thread was turning into a rant against RE. These guys are doing their best to build a reputation. Which is not easy in a niche market.
Glad to hear everything will turn out fine for you! [emoji846]

Lurked here long enough to know [reading this particular vendor name over and over and over for bad things] that if they're still in business all this time, maybe to them they don't care and it doesn't matter a shaving forum anti-campaign, because the vendor has determined that offering what the next guy can't refuse in spite the reputation is all that he needs to stay profitable.

Great to hear that they're taking care of you!
I was kind of disappointed that this thread was turning into a rant against RE. These guys are doing their best to build a reputation. Which is not easy in a niche market.
Glad to hear everything will turn out fine for you! [emoji846]

i have no intention of putting RE in a bad spot. Its just that the rex ambassador has become my favorite razor. Its sad to know that I got it that way. The shave and build of the razor is worth every penny for me. Im even planning to buy another one if it can be coated with rhodium.

@Jaylex
Assuming this is without the cap and will be covered on screwing on the cap - seems like it will not visible.
From my experience of sanding/painting cars. Since its metal you could possibly depending on your skill set or comfort level, use a very thin application with a toothpick, apply a metal epoxy (very carefully). Dipping the toothpick tip with very very very little of the epoxy. Its hard to explain but maybe check out videos else where. But before you do, test it on a scrap piece of similar metal before doing it on your razor.

I would caution on side of sanding by starting with a high number (smoothing) wet sanding paper using very light simple stork motions. This will help not to create additional scratches and might just create a "false" visual to make it look like its ""smooth looking"" to the eye.

Perhaps cut the sanding paper and wrap it around a q-tip.
Stroking once north and then south.
Observe.
Stroke east to west.
Observe.
Stroke northeast to southwest.
Observe....etc...

Hopefully you find something that works for you and fixes the issue. If the situation affords, maybe take it to someone in the city that specializes in metal work refinishing or plating service to just get their opinion before doing anything.

On a separate note...Did you use a package forwarding service? Looking at the photos your posted earlier, its seems like RE sent the package to CA from AZ and then in CA sent it to your address? If so, did you check with them on how they open and ship the packages? Or did they provide photos of the items to you before final shipment?

Attachments

• 3FD11610-CC3E-423D-A116-40114086F88F.jpeg
    3FD11610-CC3E-423D-A116-40114086F88F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 589F9135-D763-45F9-A3B9-97189E7BD792.jpeg
    589F9135-D763-45F9-A3B9-97189E7BD792.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Top Bottom