What's new

WTB Scotch Dual Hone TAM/WOA

Just collecting or wondering about the stone itself?

I have been wanting one for sometime. I have both a Tam O Shanter and a water of Ayr, but there are different WAO stone types and I am looking for the type that general only comes in the Dual hone. The type I am looking for comes from the Meikledale quarry which is more of a gray with dark spots. I have the Dark blue from the Enterkine quarry which is much like a black Escher in look feel and performance. I collect to use and These are some of my favorite stones to use. So a little of both. Collecting and wondering about the stone itself.

Do you have one you would like to sell or trade? If so shoot me a PM I may have something you want.

I have been wanting one for sometime. I have both a Tam O Shanter and a water of Ayr, but there are different WAO stone types and I am looking for the type that general only comes in the Dual hone. The type I am looking for comes from the Meikledale quarry which is more of a gray with dark spots. I have the Dark blue from the Enterkine quarry which is much like a black Escher in look feel and performance. I collect to use and These are some of my favorite stones to use. So a little of both. Collecting and wondering about the stone itself.

Do you have one you would like to sell or trade? If so shoot me a PM I may have something you want.

Sorry I don't.
I sold mine a long time ago.
This was it.
I was not as impressed with the stone as I had hoped I would be.

1638878577663.png

1638878603991.png

I did not find the WOA to be as good as an Escher. YMMV
Don't want to clog a sales thread. Just thought I could offer feedback to the stone itself.

Sorry I don't.
I sold mine a long time ago.
This was it.
I was not as impressed with the stone as I had hoped I would be.

View attachment 1374277

View attachment 1374278

I did not find the WOA to be as good as an Escher. YMMV
Don't want to clog a sales thread. Just thought I could offer feedback to the stone itself.

Yes that is the type I am looking for. I remember talking with you about this stone before on the Tam/WOA thread. That is a nice looking example.

Top Bottom