What's new

Scored - Vintage Gillette

638FE62A-10C7-417B-9842-8FF03DD176CA.jpeg
938C34B7-23A1-4049-BF78-6D4D8305247F.jpeg
Getting into the vintage razors, here is a pic of a vintage Gillette razor got at a antique store today. Think it is a super speed??? Paid $10
Is there somewhere I can get the date codes, this has A4
I want to send off to get refinished, not sure yet though. I would like to get my birth year razor, which would keep as is.

A very good razor. The replate would be for cosmetic purposes. I say it you want to pretty it up, to for it.

Well done Sir! Ten bucks, oh Hell ya! 1955 the year of my Birth. Ummmm, I need to find myself a 1955 (something).

SixCats!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Great razor, congratulations. I have a couple and I enjoy the shaves that I get from mine.

Well done Sir! Ten bucks, oh Hell ya! 1955 the year of my Birth. Ummmm, I need to find myself a 1955 (something).

SixCats!
Been watching all your posts and they inspired me to go out looking today.
Cleaned it up this afternoon and shaved with it this evening. Everyone on here was right, really a nice razor

You can probably find a super speed on eBay or here on the bst of the same vintage with the plating in excellent condition for about 1/4 of the price of a replate. Then you would have two excellent razors! Don't worry, that rabbit hole everybody talks about isn't real. You won't be tempted to buy more razors than you really need. Honest. :)

You guys are dragging me in. Showed the wife the razor and just opened up trips to antique stores and flea markets. Going today.
It's happening

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

You can probably find a super speed on eBay or here on the bst of the same vintage with the plating in excellent condition for about 1/4 of the price of a replate. Then you would have two excellent razors!

Though I could not, in good conscience, quote the entirety of @Ricksplace reply, the first part is correct. The rabbit hole is closer to a black hole and temptation is real.
There are a handful of 1955 razors to consider. Tech, Flare Tip, Blue Tip, Red Tip, Diplomat, and President. This is also in order of usual or typical cost/value/expense. Good luck!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
You can probably find a super speed on eBay or here on the bst of the same vintage with the plating in excellent condition for about 1/4 of the price of a replate. Then you would have two excellent razors! Don't worry, that rabbit hole everybody talks about isn't real. You won't be tempted to buy more razors than you really need. Honest. :)
This!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

@REV579, Hi REV, thank you for that information regarding the 1955 Razor models. Ummmm, I've got to keep me Eyes open for this model! Oooooh! 1955 Diplomat
proxy.php

SixCats!

Top Bottom