What's new

Scored some vintage English Leather (I think) and then some!

I live in Norway, and it is very rare to see classic, vintage scents here. This is something most people don't see any value to, and if they have a vintage bottle, they rarely think of selling it. So they stay in cupboards and drawers in old houses.

Recently I came across a listing for NOS fragrances, and I bought some products for next to nothing. Most are MEM English Leather variants, and as far as I understand, these are the vintage ones that no longer are in production. Other than that, I have just started my research into what they are. I will be able to get more of these If I choose to.

Any comments and information is much appreciated! EL cologne.jpg cambridge.jpg EL 3 gift set.jpg EL all purpose.jpg EL as lotion.jpg EL lime 2.jpg EL musk.jpg EL spiced gift.jpg

Attachments

• EL spray col.jpg
    EL spray col.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 35
  • racquet club.jpg
    racquet club.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 32
I don't know anything about NOS or Vintage AS or Colognes, but that is quite the haul! The English Leather Lime is really interesting, I have never seen it before.

My comment is WOW!! That looks like an amazing score. I feel lucky to have that bottle of cologne in the Wood Box and some Musk aftershave.

I don't know anything about NOS or Vintage AS or Colognes, but that is quite the haul! The English Leather Lime is really interesting, I have never seen it before.

I have never seen any of these in Norway before! I suspect these are the leftover after someone tried importing them from the US

My comment is WOW!! That looks like an amazing score. I feel lucky to have that bottle of cologne in the Wood Box and some Musk aftershave.
Thank you! As far as I can tell, these have a following in the US, but I don't think anyone have tried them over here...

Thank you! As far as I can tell, these have a following in the US, but I don't think anyone have tried them over here...

For most of us, it's a nostalgia thing. We remember these original versions from the 70's (or 80's) and since then they've been reformulated and don't smell the same. Any that are manufactured by "MEM" are sought after over here.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

It is probably very costly to get them there, just as it is very costly to get Swiss and German Pitralon in the States.

For most of us, it's a nostalgia thing. We remember these original versions from the 70's (or 80's) and since then they've been reformulated and don't smell the same. Any that are manufactured by "MEM" are sought after over here.

Yes, a quick google search showed me that there have been a few discussions about the differences between the "originals" and the newer ones. It would be interesting to read a comparison review if it exists...

Modern EL, IMO, is actually close to vintage EL.
All are great.
Enjoy yours!

Interesting pic. I see the bottle (or rather the cap) design has changed quite a bit.

Nice haul, enjoy them!
Thank you!

That is fantastic!

I remember enjoying the lime as a young man.

I tried smelling them all last night, but it just ended with some sort of sensory overload. But the lime version was surprisingly distinct and comfortable!

Absolutely worth the kroner; enjoy the whole lot!

AA
Thank you! I am entering a time of extensive testing these days!

I remember seeing these in stores. I'd forgotten about the wooden bottle tops. Enjoy these classic scents! :thumbup1:

Thank you!

Gratulerer, grimfer. Det er noen gode poeng. Nyt!

:thumbup:Mange takk, BSA! Jeg skal teste dem ut og finne en favoritt!

It is probably very costly to get them there, just as it is very costly to get Swiss and German Pitralon in the States.
Yes, for some reason US shipping costs are higher than many others. Makes it almost impossible to get decent deals from the US for us.

Do any of you have any experience with the non-EL fragrances? Like the Cambridge and the Racquet Club?

I used that English Leather when I was a teenager, back in the 60s.
I had English Leather, Jade East and Canoe. English Leather was my favorite.

Great score on a lifetime's worth of product, although you can probably make a good profit from it.

I just picked up some vintage MEM EL. Two 4oz bottles of cologne and a 1oz plastic travel bottle. I hadn't used this fragrance in decades, but I really love it.

Lot 2.jpg

Top Bottom