What's new

Scored an SA-35!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
In fact I do! His guns are worth a whole 'nother thread.

"Rommel, you magnificent b@stard, I read your book!" - Patton

Patton, I read yours! (War As I Knew It.) And Patton on Leadership, as well ...

Read it here:

edit:

Maybe! Maybe!

AA
Wow, $130 for Rosewood!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Cuban? Am I right?
Not Cuban, but I’ve got the shirts.
20E7327B-EC14-4E0D-A20B-2A223D17070B.png

OkieStubble

In South Florida, it gets you a second look, and sometimes, one of approval/appreciation.

Being not tucked in, a guyabera can help hide a waistband piece, too. Ah, in theory.

AA
Yeah, I don’t know about not printing with a plain white woven Guyabera while salsa dancing, but if it has some nice artistic design printing? It will camouflage your pistol quite nicely. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ok, have to ask... has it made you do the prone-fall-roll-to-the-side-while-shooting-ahead SAS drill yet? Successfully. With real bullets. At the range, if your wife is sensitive to loud noises in the basement?

If you have...you are a confirmed BHP afficianado.😁

I'm jealous!
This would be me. Except nowadays I'd only get rolled over on my back and be outta breath!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Really enjoy the practicality of the SA-35 grip-frame, but the uglies got to me ... new wood grips on the way!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Now, you didn't think I was going to leave those plastic grips on the SA-35, did you? :devil:

gggg.jpg

Hogue Cocobolo. Not nearly as pretty as the grain on Tim's @Acmemfg but still, I think I'm going to keep them.

I was shooting for classic or semi-classic, and the traditional straight grain on these will do. The original walnut grips look dark and muddy next to these beauties.

fsgfg.jpg

Yeah, I like the flap holster thing. Tradition again, and the practicality of another mag.

AA

OkieStubble

Now, you didn't think I was going to leave those plastic grips on the SA-35, did you? :devil:

View attachment 1621514

Hogue Cocobolo. Not nearly as pretty as the grain on Tim's @Acmemfg but still, I think I'm going to keep them.

I was shooting for classic or semi-classic, and the traditional straight grain on these will do. The original walnut grips look dark and muddy next to these beauties.

View attachment 1621516

Yeah, I like the flap holster thing. Tradition again, and the practicality of another mag.

AA

I actually think the straight grain in those grip panels, gives it a more nostagic and proper time period kinda... Thing. Gives the gun and flap holster a more authentic look, feel... Thing. :)

94D92451-41B0-44BE-9D66-A626351FC458.jpeg

2B3B1F89-2C9F-4D9B-8D30-0B2C4C4BE4B3.jpeg
Holsters for the Hi-Power and an Glock 43X arrived.
Have to say the Ritchie Bros. know how to make a holster.
Also shown here is a rig for my Glock 43X and a CQ QR for my S&W Shield…the first ever holster they made me many, many years ago. It’s held up pretty well I would say.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
😸 The polynines are fine, but wow! Lookit that SA-35 rig! And your Hogue grips look great on both sides. (Lot different than my red cocobolos).

Just got back from putting another hundred through mine. Sharing silhouette targets with a bud, kept all my shots but one in the head. I really really like that pistol. Zero malfs, of course...

AA

Top Bottom