What's new

Score of the Year...!!

so I have been combing local shops for vintage gillettes, been fairly successful actually...I've scored 4 or 5 good finds at these shops and paid mostly fair market value for them, and been happy with my purchases...but that was until, today...........................................................

the razors you see pictured below were purchased today for a total purchase price of $2.18...that's with tax...i'll repeat...two dollars and eighteen cents TOTAL...!!

an H2 Superspeed and an E4 Fatboy...with a little cleanup, these babies shine!! the superspeed is near flawless, very shiny, definitely in my opinion classifies as near mint condition based on the grading scale...there are a few waterspots on the underside of the head...aside from that the plating is fully intact and shiny from every angle possible...the fatboy is in excellent condition based on the scale...very very little plate loss...you really have to look to see it...but other than that it is very shiny too, but not as stunning as the superspeed...seriously these razors are absolutely the best looking I've ever seen, and I paid one dollar each for them...bottom line...score of the year, easily...

(i also got a black tip nickel handle superspeed also priced at one dollar, but it was in poor condition so it did not make the pics or post lol)

each razor was priced at one dollar each...so my total out of pocket expense including taxes was $2.18...

Ouch! 9 percent sales tax!!

yah, food in Jacksonville, Arkansas rakes in an 11% tax...it's ridiculous...small town, air force base...go figure.....

I live in Little Rock, biggest city in Arkansas (biggest, meaning pop. 200,000) and our food sales tax i think is 7% or something like that...but seriously, 11% ridiculous...

is 11% sales tax just the state and then you have a federal sales tax on top of it? In Ontario, our provincial sales tax is 8% in top of the 5% federal, for 13% tax in total...

...purchase price of $2.18...that's with tax...i'll repeat...two dollars and eighteen cents TOTAL...an H2 Superspeed and an E4 Fatboy...

You beat me out on that deal by $7.82.:001_cool:

Was at a Flea market and a women sold me her grandfather's Superseed and Slim Adjustable for a total of $10.

They shined up real nice and they shave great.

Enjoy your new toys!

Makes me smile because, and I know you're thinking it, "it could happen to me, too".

Flea market this weekend, coffee in hand, followed by brunch, a coupla PG-13 drinks, and a nap on the lawn chair.

Top Bottom