What's new

score! gold flare tip?

So you bought a disgustingly filthy razor for 8 dollars, on the slim hopes of duping some unsuspecting seller out of a rare razor, based upon pictures that show no hint of any evidence that anyone could reasonably assume were pictures of a gold razor? A razor that up until about a month ago not a lot of people on this forum even knew existed. Then, when you found out you just bought the actual razor that the seller was offering, which was just an ordinary silver SuperSpeed, as a "matter of principle" you told the seller to go screw himself because HE was "incompitant"?

Got it.

No - I bought the razor optimistic that is was gold but before paying I checked if it truly was. I've known about the gold US made flair tip for quite some time now. I didn't realize at the time of clicking 'buy it now' that the lighting could be skewing the color so much to make it look that color.

Further, I didn't tell the seller to go screw themselves (I felt that); I politely asked them to not expect me to pay based on obvious reasons. You can't work with people in you favor unless you are diplomatic about it.

You should learn how to read a post for what it says with its words, and not put silly stories into your head :001_smile

Last edited:
Heh this kinggillette ebay character is selling two more razors that have been tweaked to look gold, but in the description table near the top he has the color as "silver". Most people wouldn't notice that though and just look at the photos.

In this instance, those first two razors ending soonest, particularly the first one, do look gold. This seller is a mystery because he has other silver razors that clearly look silver.

In this instance, those first two razors ending soonest, particularly the first one, do look gold. This seller is a mystery because he has other silver razors that clearly look silver.

It is most likely the time of day the pictures are being taken. The gold toned ones are probably being taken in the evening solely with artificial light. The better balanced ones are probably being taken during the day with the aid of natural light. I know I have to shoot completely differently based upon available light. Many people do not. Also, many sellers do not use a camera capable of light adjustment. We even have some sellers here on this site that use cell phone and webcams to post horrible looking photos.

Buyer beware.

It is most likely the time of day the pictures are being taken. The gold toned ones are probably being taken in the evening solely with artificial light. The better balanced ones are probably being taken during the day with the aid of natural light. I know I have to shoot completely differently based upon available light. Many people do not. Also, many sellers do not use a camera capable of light adjustment. We even have some sellers here on this site that use cell phone and webcams to post horrible looking photos.

Buyer beware.

Agreed. Take a picture with a daylight balanced film or with an automatically set white balance or a white balance set to daylight, and illuminate the subject with a tungsten light, say a standard incandescent light bulb in a desk lamp for example, and you'll get a yellow cast to the picture.

This can be used to great artistic effect, but it doesn't do for accurate pictures in sales situations.

.....Also, many sellers do not use a camera capable of light adjustment. We even have some sellers here on this site that use cell phone and webcams to post horrible looking photos.

Buyer beware.

I have a Canon 20D (time for an upgrade at some point) and I don't get to use it outdoors as much as I used to, so when I take photos of my razors to sell, I break out the 20D, even though it takes extra time to get everything setup versus my digital point-n-shoot. Usually I end up taking photos at night, so I have my white balance set to the "flash" setting, and use a diffuser to bounce the flash everywhere.

The worst photos I've seen are the ones that might have been taken with a decent camera but are focused on the wrong point (like the table) so most of the important parts of the razor are blurry.

Top Bottom