What's new

Scope Adjustment Preferences, Mils vs. MOA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
And that Shepherd is a 1x8! :)
The reticle is illuminated, you can switch from red to green, so far I prefer red. It is SFP, which I'm fine with, I want the circle to be full size on 1 x , which it wouldn't be if FFP, don't really need to range on low power. I don't know if the batteries are short lived or if it is too easy to leave it on a low NV setting without knowing it and it runs down.

Even at night?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Well, I was suprised that we came up with 3 anyways! The Athlon Cronus, the Shepard, and I was perusing Athlon and found this one... The Midas BTR Gen2 HD. 1-6, 18.1oz, HD, and has the hold overs. $529.99 new and Gr8fuldoug has an open box for (with full warranty) for $459.99. Looks pert near the same as the Chronos without the UHD glass. I may grab one for my AR.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
And that Shepherd is a 1x8! :)

Even at night?
Well, I was suprised that we came up with 3 anyways! The Athlon Cronus, the Shepard, and I was perusing Athlon and found this one... The Midas BTR Gen2 HD. 1-6, 18.1oz, HD, and has the hold overs. $529.99 new and Gr8fuldoug has an open box for (with full warranty) for $459.99. Looks pert near the same as the Chronos without the UHD glass. I may grab one for my AR.
Ya know, I haven't played with it at night much. I need to go skulking around my property to eval that and my Surefire on my .300 BO.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well. among the three recently mentioned, I don't feel you could go too far wrong with either of them.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@OkieStubble, I'll be interested to know, once you use what ever scope you pick at 1X with an illuminated reticle, if you still feel you need that offset Delta Point.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
@OkieStubble There is another. A disturbance in the force if you will. It's only a 1x-4x and its price is silly but...
I give you the Raytheon Elcan Specter.
Elcan Specter.png

So that's 4 but the Specter is just an honorable mention because it's hovering around $2k...

OkieStubble

@OkieStubble, I'll be interested to know, once you use what ever scope you pick at 1X with an illuminated reticle, if you still feel you need that offset Delta Point.

Well, I’m always going to do whatever I can on my part, to make sure it will never be an issue of need.

The offset is just a want. :)

OkieStubble

@OkieStubble There is another. A disturbance in the force if you will. It's only a 1x-4x and its price is silly but...
I give you the Raytheon Elcan Specter.
View attachment 1223453

So that's 4 but the Specter is just an honorable mention because it's hovering around $2k...

Man, that thing looks hideous. :)

Top Bottom