What's new

Scones

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I made scones for the first time today. I used a recipe on YouTube by the former chef to the Queen. They aren’t chalky day like most scones. Jam is Rainier cherry jam I made in June.

FB775E82-6A0C-45C2-90FC-DD811DDF62D6.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They do look pretty good. Every time that I try to make scones they finish up more like rock cakes.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I made them decades ago using the Joy of Cooking recipe. They turned out well. One good thing I remember was brushing the tops with egg whites and sprinkling sugar on before baking. Nice touch.

That's a mighty tasty-looking plate of biscuits you've got there.
Now, all you need is a big pan of sausage gravy to put over them. :devil:

Kidding aside - they do look delicious. Well done, Isaac. :yesnod:

They do look good. I was surprised to find out that the Starbucks scones have over 450 calories and around 25 grams of fat each. The homemade ones have to be better than that.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Ah, tea and scones. Reminds me of my Welsh Granny, always baking treats, sand tarts (buttertarts) shortbread and scones. Those scones look great, enjoy!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Very nice!

I fell in love with scones years ago on my first trip to Ireland. I've tried to make them but they never turn out as well. Probably a good thing as I'd eat them constantly.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's been years since I made scones! How about a link?

I don't know if a link complies with B&B TOS, I found the printed recipe quite easily with a Google search for "scone former queen chef." Darren McGrady is the chef, and he has a channel on YouTube (with the scone recipe, as well as others).

Top Bottom