What's new

Schickuary 2012

J-1
Chick blade Day 3
Pre shave lather Vergulde Hand stick
Klar Kabinett (used as a shave stick)
Omega Pro 49
alum, then WH with Agua Lavanda Puig splash (50/50 mix)
ARKO Sport A/S cream

Mild, but very nice shave.

January 20.

Schick J-3 "Golden 500"
Escali Pure badger
ARKO
Witch Hazel
English Leather.

First of all, this was my first shave with the (in)famous ARKO. I was very impressed! It really is a great, inexpensive shaving soap. As far as the smell, it smells like Ivory with a heavy dose of citronella to me. Yes, it resembles a urinal cake in scent but honestly, it more than makes up for the distinctive odor in performance. I face lathered with a stick and my Escali brush and had more than enough lather for two passes and a touch up. I have a BBS with no irritation.

This morning's shave was with the L3 . . .

Gad-- looks like I am going to have to try an L3 sometime. I am going to put that off, possibly until next Shicktober or Schicktember or Schickuary. My next trick will be Gem razors for February (there is a thread on that)- have two but never tried them. Thanks for the blades Tom!

SOTD- same G6 - sharp as heck (nicked my chin- I am getting very sloppy! This never used to happen to me!), lathered with Tabac with my EverReady boar (I want to like it) but the culminating, liberal application of Original Floid set me zipping off to seize the day.

Doug, I am sending you some soap whether you like it or not- you just have not been corrupted enough. This will not be JUST soap- I should have sent some with the brush.

• G Type Schick Injector – loaded with a Chinese Schick Blade (courtesy of mftoms59)
  • AOS Lemon Shaving Cream - received a sample in a PIF a while back
  • VDH Luxury Badger Brush
  • Ceramic bowl from Target
  • Astringent – Generic Witch Hazel from Target
  • After Shave Splash – Master's Bay Rum
  • After Shave Balm – CVS Sensitive Post Shave Balm (Nivea for Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm clone)

The Injector continues to deliver as my shave went well, between SAS and DFS. 2 WTG and 1 XTG. The Mater Bay Rum is definitely more forgiving (due to the glycerin) than the Pinaud Bay Rum.

Hi everyone, I just got home from working a double, I didn't have the camera this morning because SWMBO swiped it. I'll be using the L3 in the Morning and 24 hour Whisker Growth photos are planned for Sunday Morning, Goodnight All.

I'm in a rut. I copied and pasted this from the other day. Updated only the # of shaves on the blade.

J-2
Chick blade Day 4
VdH glycerin with a few drops of extra glycerin
4th lather with a scritchy black badger brush
WH, alum, then Barabsol Pacific Rush A/S

The shave was a little rough. Last time the blade crapped out on Shave #5. I'll see how tomorrow goes. If the 1st pass isn't any better, I may have to swap blades mid-stream. On the bright side, the new brush is starting to soften just a bit.

BTW, does anyone here know anything about reproduction injector razors by Nationwide Campus? I got an email the other day from a guy who was involved in trying to duplicate the old Schicks. A few razors were made before Schick threatened a lawsuit. It seems there was a group buy here in 2006.

Nationwide Campus?- I haven't bothered to google that because I figured you did already-- should be interesting. The fact that these blades are still made would seem that there must be new injectors being produced- or I would think so anyway. Just curious myself because I really do not need another injector (well maybe a few) but it would be reassuring if injectors were being produced because then I would be assured that the blades might be consistently available for a good while longer.

Saturday Morning I had a two-pass, WTG/XTG, shave using the L3 & putting shave #5 on the Chick Blade, both passes were smooth, but had a nick on the left side of my jaw/chin during the XTG pass. Injector Shave= Very Close. Here are three photos of my 24 hour stubble, really not much for shaving and it really is 24 hours later, the left side was mostly ear but just as lightly stubbled as the right side.

Attachments

• $IMG_2686.JPG
    $IMG_2686.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 58
  • $IMG_2687.JPG
    $IMG_2687.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 58
  • $IMG_2688.JPG
    $IMG_2688.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 58
January 22, 2012

Schick Krona
US Personna blade on shave #1
ARKO
Omega 10049
Nivea ASB

The ARKO stick still is impressive. I face lathered with my Omega Pro 49 and had a very nice DFS after two passes with my Krona and a new Personna blade. No irritation and no weepers, nicks, arterial spurts, amputated limbs, nada.

J-2
Chick Day 5
Bigelow, face lathered
BurmaShave brush re-knotted with a Whipped Dog 22mm Silver Tip badger (a VERY nice knot, BTW)
Barbasol Pacific Rush with glycerin and a few drops of baby oil added to the bottle

Day 5 really didn't feel any worse than Day 4. The blade is definitely not as sharp as new. I could tell especially on the ATG pass. But it provided an acceptable shave. I'll probably replace it for the next shave. The blades are cheap enough that it's not worth it to me to try to get an extra shave or two out of the blade.

January 23, 2012

Schick Krona
Personna blade
VDH Luxury Unscented
Omega 10049
Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB.

I got a very smooth DFS this morning.

Saturday Morning I had a two-pass, WTG/XTG, shave using the L3 & putting shave #5 on the Chick Blade, both passes were smooth, but had a nick on the left side of my jaw/chin during the XTG pass. Injector Shave= Very Close. Here are three photos of my 24 hour stubble, really not much for shaving and it really is 24 hours later, the left side was mostly ear but just as lightly stubbled as the right side.

Tom- you look like a guy who needs a shave!!!!!

Tom- you look like a guy who needs a shave!!!!!

Maybe the chin, but my neck and cheeks had light stubble... guess I could have used the Krona. Back to work tomorrow and another L3 shave for the Morning, think it's #6 for the "Chick" Blade coming up.

dcobranchi and mftoms- here is the brush I was talking about- I did a one eighty and went with a light boar instead of a dark badger! I have not tried it yet- mftoms gave me a whole break-in procedure and looking forward to using it in the next couple of days with a G (needed to throw that in to keep with the thread's theme:001_tt2:) View attachment 211649

I like the light boar with that handle. I might have to steal your idea.

Top Bottom