What's new

Schickuary 2012

And I miss it because although it is not an expensive brush, it is DFB (probably not an acronym). In any case, I succeeded in corrupting you-- I think. I also sent you some soap to further emphasize that it is not "just soap . . "- hope you got it by now-- no idea how good it is because I never tried it myself-- just thought the name was exotic and Mama Bear brand has good rep. Ironically, I am really starting to reach for my boar brush as often as my badgers-- a disturbing and interesting change of mind. I broke ranks again today and went DE so I really should not be posting her today!

Ron,

The Mama Bear's is interesting stuff. Dragon's Blood has that Patchouli mixed with Sandalwood scent you may remember from certain record stores in the 70's. It is good stuff but, I am trying to finish a puck of VDH Luxury unscented and I have a LOT of ARKO to go through. I like the Escali for face lathering and, since it dries fast, it may become my travel brush, we'll see. Thanks again for your generosity.

Last shave of a very fine month. I am very glad that I participated in Schickuary. The G type is now my go to razor. I'll cycle through my DEs, of course. But I think, for now, I'm an injector man.

G type with a Chick blade Day 3
Bigelow cream, face lathered
Re-knotted BurnaShave brush (Whipped Dog Silvertip)
3 pass (WXA)
WH then Barbasol Pacific Rush ASL

A DFS to end a DF month!

Last edited:
I shall weigh in on Schickuary although I haven't used my Type G in a while. My BAD and RAD have left me needing to use up current DE stock for a while but I can speak from experience.

After reading about them on B&B, I decided to try a Schick injector and I got a Type G via shopgoodwill.com. I went to a local independent drugstore and found Schick brand blades in the 7-blade injector pack. With whatever cream or soap I may use, my Schick gives me very good schaves. However, I have noticed that I do not get as many schaves from an injector blade as I do from a DE blade. I enjoy schaving with the Type G since it is an antique which is still quite functional. My Schick has been a regular part of my rotation, my #2 razor in order of preference after my Gillette Super Adjustable Long Handle (Black Beauty).

I will begin using my Type G again soon, I'm just not sure when. I may begin looking for a Krona..............:wink2:

January 31

Schick L-1 Injector
Schick blade on shave #5
Escali Pure Badger
Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood
Witch Hazel
English Leather

For the last day of Schickuary, I face lathered with the Mama Bear's and the Escali brush. I had plenty of lather for two passes and some touch up, more than enough, probably enough for three full passes and some touch up. In around nine minutes, I had a DFS with very little irritation. It has been fun shaving with the Injectors and the Krona but my birth year Slim is calling me...

No injector shaves for me this month, but I got two Schick C1's coming my way. I had a snipe on both, won the first and forgot the second :-D
Won that one too and it's a complete c1 set. I'm looking forward to using these and I'll keep the one I like best.

For the last day of Schickuary, I called upon the old C3. Pulled the blade out of the E and (manually) injected into the razor.

It gave me a pretty good shave with no surprises.

• G Type Schick Injector – loaded with a Chinese Schick Blade
  • VDH Luxury Badger Brush
  • Ceramic bowl from Target – to soak brush before shave and have water for face lathering
  • Van der Hagen Luxury Soap
  • Astringent – Generic Witch Hazel from Target
  • After Shave Splash – Pinaud Bay Rum
  • After Shave Balm – CVS Sensitive Post Shave Balm (Nivea for Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm clone)
Got a DFS with a WTG, XTG and some touch ups. Great shave to end Schickuary. The injector will definitely be something that stays a part of my wet shaving experience, and something that i will recommend to those starting out. It is hard to shave slowly with this thing and i still feel really comfortable whipping it around so quickly.

A big thank you to mftoms59 for PIFing me the Injector so that I could participate in Schickuary.

First I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in Schickuary 2012, especially RonV since he was the instigator and a Co-contributor to the "G" Injector PIF. I hope those who received their Injectors gave them a fair chance and enjoyed the experience. If they were less than satisfying, that's one less AD to worry about, for those who've been bitten, remain patient and hunt weekly if not daily, you'll find plenty of Injectors listed on the B/S/T periodically at good prices from members you can trust.

TAP119, I guess YMMV with injector blades, I've had ~10-12 comfortable shaves from a current production(cp) Chinese Schick, 7 smooth shaves from a cp Personna Shaper Blade. I'll be participating in the February One Blade Challenge with my Easy Rider Injector/ NOS Schick Plus Platinum Blade which currently has 3 shaves on it. My Whiskers are average, not thick, tough or wiry but not wispy either, so I expect to put ~22 more shaves on that blade or until it's uncomfortable/irritating :letterk1:.

doug1066 enjoy the Escali I'm glad you can Face lather with it, if you like the scritch check out a TGN Black Badger, a tad softer, nicer looking and they lather like mad.

RonV thanks again and enjoy your Boar Brush, see you in Schicktember?

Finally, I enjoyed my Krona/Astra SS and face lathered some C&E Nomad SC, first time, with a V-L Horse/Badger @52/20. The C&E is pretty nice and I spread it directly on the whiskers and lathered up, a two-pass without touch-up was accomplished. I finished off with some "Don", an Eastern European ***(plash):001_tt2: that's moisturizing and smells great, definitely a re-buy.

Thanks again to everybody, hope you had as much fun as I have. ~22 more days of Injectors for me, looking Forward to a couple of good SE and Gillette shaves in March. :thumbsup:

I didn't know where else to post this question. This seemed the most logical place.

Does anyone know if there are any injector razors currently in production? I really like my two vintage Schicks, but thought a modern version might be nice to try.

I didn't know where else to post this question. This seemed the most logical place.

Does anyone know if there are any injector razors currently in production? I really like my two vintage Schicks, but thought a modern version might be nice to try.

As far as I know there are no current Schick Injector Razors being produced today. The Schick Injector blades are still being produced in China, in limited numbers. The only thing that I can think of is the Cobra Classic razor which uses a Feather injector style of blades which are longer than the conventional Schick blades. It's really too bad that no current razor company has embarked on producing an Injector razor.

Top Bottom