What's new

Schick type E

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Yeah..Thats a G 1 with the Butterscotch Seamed handle..It does exist..That other one is a Type E 3 with the lugs on the spring & grooved comb..The E 3 is a lot milder than the early Type Es..None of these two injectors are meant to open..:thumbup1:

Billy

They are easy enough to open, with a scratch awl in the tiny gap between the spring and the head. In fact I tweaked the G slightly so it can now be opened with no tools. I decided the E is not salvageable. It just wont hold a blade dependably. So I will be watching the bay for an E1. I don't like the seamed handle of the G though it shaves very nice.

They are not easy opened..I know from experience..It must have been opened before..It will end up knackered like the Type E..There is no need to open them anyway..Its a No brainer..Theres been more Schick injectors damaged that way than anything else..:w00t:

Billy

Last edited:
Been looking around at picking up a really decent E2 (with or without a case) and online I notice a few E's with textured heads. I don't remember seeing anything about that on the Schick history website, are they oddballs or worth having?

Not odd-balls or even very scarce. Some of the later Es and some of the later Gs were made with textured heads. All of the G4s not only had textured heads, but were also nickel-plated.

Top Bottom