What's new

Schick TWIN blades?

Any one seen these?
Got it in a buy from a second hand store along with a slim and a bore brush. $5 sound ok? :D

They are Schick twin blades. Iv never seen DE twin blades before. I guess it kind of defeats the purpose, or argument we have against the multiblade cartridge razos; the following blade/s dont have any lubricant to protect the skin, just blade. And thats what wet shaving is all about.

Gave a ....shave, but not close enough, but then i dont know how old these are (the edge could be corroded). I had to do extra passes to get areas i dont normally have to. Im still singing the praises of 'DERBYs'. The ROCK! Nothing shaves me more closely and more comfortably then a derby. But thats the great thing about wet shaving, isnt it. You get to find the blade that suits your face and hair, the brush, razor, soap/cream, prep etc, that suits your face and beard.

O and another plug, I love my red tip ss! ;)

+Buckler

Looks just like a normal DE to me. If it takes two DE blades (one stacked on top of the other), can you show a picture of it please?

They are real, twin edge. Were not a commercial success, but, they actually shave pretty nice. I tried them for a while, they produce more "traction" than the standard single-edge but the results are very very nice.

I see what you mean. I thought the razor was designed so it can take one or two normal DE blades (stacked). I didn't know that 'twin' DE blades existed that resemble a two blade cartridge.

They are real, twin edge. Were not a commercial success, but, they actually shave pretty nice. I tried them for a while, they produce more "traction" than the standard single-edge but the results are very very nice.

Yes, they are real :)
Tried them once or twice some time ago. Interesting, it's the highest praise I can find for them.

Regards,
Al

Thanks for the extra pics Mr edge. ;)

Yeah i would describe it the same, more 'drag' but not in a bad way.
I found them ok, a bit above interesting, different feel on the face. But not a close shave, had to make them work.

Who would have thought 'twin' DE blades.
And just to clarify, the top one is slightly smaller so as to have a gap between it and the first one passing across the skin.

+Buckler

Top Bottom