What's new

Schick Twin Blade Heaven

Had my first shave today with a Schick Twin Blade. Popped it into a Schick adjustable razor. Wanted to give it a tough test. Set the Adjustable to 7, and decided on a one pass shave ATG everywhere except the upper lip where I planned on one pass WTG + XTG ear to nose upper lip touchup.

I had high expectations from reading user reports, but this combo blew me away!

The razor felt much milder than the adjustable usually does, and ultra smooth. Cut very close only requiring minimum buff at corners of my lips and the upper neck under the angle of the jaw. I could live with this combo daily, very happily.

Are there no currently manufactured twin blades? If not, I can see me on a hunt for a good stock of these blades.

How many shaves per blade is possible with these Twin Blades? I frequently get 18+ shaves from most of my DE blades, am I off base thinking I could get month+ with one of these substantial pieces of metal?

Thanks to the SE users here for their experience on these! I am a very happy well shaved camper!

The Twin blades in a Schick injector are Awesome...There probably isn't a shaving system that has surpassed it..Schick Twin injector blades are still being made in Japan...You can get them on the Flea Market...There are some NOS Schick injector blades in the same place...You wont get anything like that number of shaves out of these blades unless you have face fluff...I only get 4 shaves max out of any DE blade anyway...I will get up to 6 Awesome shaves from a Twin blade & I have Cast iron whiskers..I don't push numbers because I want an awesome shave every time..:w00t:

Billy

Last edited:
I can compare Injector blades to Twin blades only so far, as I don't have many Twins. I have gotten 25 shaves on a Chick and 25 shaves on a Feather Twin blade (in a Feather Injector razor). So far, the Japanese Schick II twins (which I call Nicks for Nipponese Schicks) are being used in my Feather as a comparison. To date, I have gotten 17 shaves on my first Nick, but it is not yet finished.

The Twin blades in a Schick injector are Awesome...There probably isn't a shaving system that has surpassed it..Schick Twin injector blades are still being made in Japan...You can get them on the Flea Market...There are some NOS Schick injector blades in the same place...You wont get anything like that number of shaves out of these blades unless you have face fluff...I only get 4 shaves max out of any DE blade anyway...I will get up to 6 Awesome shaves from a Twin blade & I have Cast iron whiskers..I don't push numbers because I want an awesome shave every time..:w00t:

Billy

What is the Flea Market?

Thanks Billy and Steve. I'll keep track of my first blade and post here how long it lasts.

I have to admit I had a near blasphemous DE razor thought - that I could sell everything I've collected and rely solely on this combo. I didn't seriously entertain this thought, but found it interesting that I have not had an exclusive impulse like that from any of my other razors, including my beloved ATT H1/2 and Shavecraft Tech!

Happy New Year men!

As the fellow who came up with the term "Chicks" for Chinese Schicks, I salute your naming of the Japanese blades. I'm still waiting on my first million-dollar copyright check and hope your luck is better. :lol:

. . . So far, the Japanese Schick II twins (which I call Nicks for Nipponese Schicks) . . .

I'll need to find some twin blades. (For some reason I thought that the adjustable couldn't use the twin blades)
All Schick Injectors made after the Type G without the Rinsing Lever Function will take Twin blades...That does not include the Type G by the way...:thumbup1:

Billy

Hi,

So why is it the rinsing lever ones can't if you do not use said lever?

Stan
The Rinsing lever models if you look at them have a tighter head like the earlier Type E & G Type Models...You will destroy them...They were specifically designed more tightly to take a thinner single blade for the Rinsing Lever Function to work...Wither you use it not is neither here nor there...:w00t:

Billy

Last edited:
The Rinsing lever models if you look at them have a tighter head like the earlier Type E & G Type Models...You will destroy them...They were specifically designed more tightly to take a thinner single blade for the Rinsing Lever Function to work...Wither you use it not is neither here nor there...:w00t:

Billy

Hi,

Ah. I could see where the slot issue would prevent use of the lever tabs and damage the lever if you used it. Looking at the difference in thickness, a decent spring metal could handle that with ease. Given this issue, coupled with the one with the earlier models suffering spring damage when opening over the tabs....this failure analysis engineer concludes that they had a history of using a poor choice when it came to the spring metals....something to always keep in mind.

Stan

Hi,

Ah. I could see where the slot issue would prevent use of the lever tabs and damage the lever if you used it. Looking at the difference in thickness, a decent spring metal could handle that with ease. Given this issue, coupled with the one with the earlier models suffering spring damage when opening over the tabs....this failure analysis engineer concludes that they had a history of using a poor choice when it came to the spring metals....something to always keep in mind.

Stan
The earlier ones get damaged because they were not designed to be opened at all..The only models that opened were the early Type E 1 & Type E 2..Every Schick Injector that I have seen that has been damaged has been damaged by incorrect use & or user neglect..Schick injectors are wonderful piece of engineering and were made for simplicity ..They were never meant to open over the tabs..Folks overcomplicate things because they think that they know better...I genius invented them & fools destroy them...:w00t:

Billy

Something breaking when abused hardly constitutes a "poor choice" in metals. Designing products to be idiot proof is a fairly recent trend. Steel would have made a stronger spring, but it also would rust.

I have a couple of the early E2's which were designed to be opened, and the spring is not an issue.

Considering that these razors are still going strong some 80 years after being manufactured, I'd say that the designers made some pretty good choices.

--Bob

Hi,

I had this long post written regarding engineering and materials choices based on lowering production costs which then boomerang and cause problems....but then decided that the point in moot. I doubt anyone here wants to read about engineering failure analysis from a professional who does such work on a regular basis.

There is little most folks can do other than understand the pitfalls and avoid them.

Stan

Hi,

I had this long post written regarding engineering and materials choices based on lowering production costs which then boomerang and cause problems....but then decided that the point in moot. I doubt anyone here wants to read about engineering failure analysis from a professional who does such work on a regular basis.

There is little most folks can do other than understand the pitfalls and avoid them.

Stan
Its Schick injector razors we are talkin about here & they are very well built to close tolerance's and specs..I have never seen a Schick design that has boomeranged as you call it..:thumbup1:

Billy

Top Bottom