What's new

Schick Super II with the trac ok?

How many of you like the Schick Super II Plus cartridges? They are supposed to be vintage, but I think Schick from Japan still makes them.

I'm mainly looking into it because the Trac II Plus is like $25 for 10 carts locally, and the Personna was tearing my face apart. I've also seen Indian brands like Gallant II and supermax. They look like trac II without a lube strip

I recently purchased some NOS Schick Super II Teflon-coated blades and I like them better than the Trac II cartridges. You can use the Schicks on a trac ii handle.

Yeah. I've always liked twin-blade razors because they feel like a DE and I can travel with them

the 4-5 blade cartridges don't work for me because you can't do more than 2 passes with them

For the past 2 years ive used the Japanese Schick Super II cartridges. I’ve found them to be extremely smooth and long lasting. Appreciably mose so Thant either Trac II or the Personna equivalent ones. They last me on average about 28-30 shaves. If I’m patient in my searching on the bay I can get them for prices better than or equal to those of Trac II or Personna.

I just tried the Schick Super II Plus. They feel almost as good as the Trac II Plus, I'm gonna see how many shaves I get out of them
The worst cartridsges were the Personna Twin.

I get the feeling that the Asian markets have a larger demand for 2-blade cartridge systems

Btw, I carefully pry out the lubristrip on the Super II . Shaves a little closer and works better with shaving soap for me.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like Schick Cartridge razors and blades. They work great for me especially my old favourite the Schick Ultrex.

Top Bottom