What's new

Schick Super II - Fixed

Here are all the different versions of the original fixed head TracII compatible Schick Super II:

proxy.php

V1 - The Original from 1972.

proxy.php

V2 - The Deluxe from 1976.

proxy.php

V3 - from the 1980's

proxy.php

V4 - Packaged as a Profile Plus.

proxy.php

V5 - Packaged as a Profile Plus with Super II on the handle.

proxy.php

V6 - The latest version from the late 1990's.

Reactions: edw
I have shaved with V4's and V6's. I have around 10 V4's and another 2 V6's. I do have a spare Deluxe, but it is very light. The Profile Metal as mentioned in another post is better. The Merkur Track2 is probably the best TracII compatible handle:

proxy.php

The Schick Super II Deluxe with the Deluxe TracII and Profile Metal - this is from the next generation.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Mine looks like it has the original handle but came in newer style packaging. Got it at usarazor.com

20190620_133822.jpg

20190620_133858.jpg

I dont understand that. I thought adjustable carts change the blade exposure. How would pivoting carts make adjustable carts redundant?
If you look at when they were available, and when they were discontinued. They stopped production when the pivoting carts were introduced. Whether the technology was different or served a different purpose, I will have to get the different carts out and get an engineering degree.

ahh ok.....i guess maybe the customer feedback was that the adjustable didn't really improve the shave enough to warrant paying the difference in cost? The adjustable seems like it would cost more to produce vs fixed blades in the plastic carts.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Thanks @FaceScraper for asking. I had the same question. Thanks @Sabre for your answer.

Personally I feel the adjustability was just blade exposure, which is not the same as a pivoting head, BUT... perhaps with more blade exposure, angle is less critical? I don't know.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for posting the photos. I have the Pivoting head Schick Super II. I love Schick razors. I think that they made the best cartridge razors.

Top Bottom