What's new

Schick repeater info?

I've been eyeing these for awhile and even snagged an old war era magazine with blades, the info on these seems scarce, are the type c gold colored the only one that comes with the cover/cap? The type b I have never seen with one.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
The original (type A’s) come with a cap as well. I can’t recall if there is a Type B variant with a cap, but there is a thread by @BBS-1 (an excellent “Dummies”/newbies guide) on the various types of Schicks. I’m on my phone, but I can post that link(s) later....or you can definitely find it with a search using the terms Dummies and Schick, and include BBS-1 in the members search criteria.

It is my understanding that A's and C's had caps, but B's came in a leather sheath or a case.

This may help.

One model of b had caps, either way, I let one slip by me.last night. Being cheap , someone got a good deal on one from fleabay ,that's the exact article I just read. Will keep a look out definitely now I am read up on them. Thanks for the help.

One model of b had caps, either way, I let one slip by me.last night. Being cheap , someone got a good deal on one from fleabay ,that's the exact article I just read. Will keep a look out definitely now I am read up on them. Thanks for the help.

The Type B that had a cap is the rarest repeater razor and probably one of the rarest Schick razors out there. To put that in perspective from my point of view, I've seen every Schick injector model and variant come up for sale on ebay or etsy at some point except for the B3. The only one I am aware of which is the same one everybody uses photos of came up for sale like 5 or so years ago.

The repeaters are all mild just to different degrees. An A or B or C will shave different from each other.

If you go for a Type C it doesn't matter what guard design they all shave the same. The only thing to be aware of is if you get an open comb Type C they tend to have rough feel on the face because of how the combs are machined.

The B1 razors are the least mild but most the times the lower priced silver plated ones are completely tarnished black. With that said they clean up nicely if you want to put in the effort. The B1 or a Type C are usually the most common repeater razors you'll find for sale. If you want to use the repeater to load blades just make sure you get one with a blade clip though using the repeater gets old quickly once the novelty wears off.

I'd keep away from the B2 repeaters unless you are a collector, they tend to be overpriced and underwhelming the way the shave.

The Type A well if you see one for sale and it is not overpriced I'd buy one depending your budget. Even if it doesn't shave the way you like it does have some serious cool points in that it is the razor where the Schick brand started from and makes for a cool display and discussion piece after showing off how the repeater works to someone else. That and it shouldn't be a hard resell if you didn't overpay to at least break even.

Last edited:
The Type B that had a cap is the rarest repeater razor and probably one of the rarest Schick razors out there. To put that in perspective from my point of view, I've seen every Schick injector model and variant come up for sale on ebay or etsy at some point except for the B3. The only one I am aware of which is the same one everybody uses photos of came up for sale like 5 or so years ago.

The repeaters are all mild just to different degrees. An A or B or C will shave different from each other.

If you go for a Type C it doesn't matter what guard design they all shave the same. The only thing to be aware of is if you get an open comb Type C they tend to have rough feel on the face because of how the combs are machined.

The B1 razors are the least mild but most the times the lower priced silver plated ones are completely tarnished black. With that said they clean up nicely if you want to put in the effort. The B1 or a Type C are usually the most common repeater razors you'll find for sale. If you want to use the repeater to load blades just make sure you get one with a blade clip though using the repeater gets old quickly once the novelty wears off.

I'd keep away from the B2 repeaters unless you are a collector, they tend to be overpriced and underwhelming the way the shave.

The Type A well if you see one for sale and it is not overpriced I'd buy one depending your budget. Even if it doesn't shave the way you like it does have some serious cool points in that it is the razor where the Schick brand started from and makes for a cool display and discussion piece after showing off how the repeater works to someone else. That and it shouldn't be a hard resell if you didn't overpay to at least break even.
My magazine of blades arrived.roday, in a tiny box labeled.'war package'. Now to get the razor, rad is bad today bid on a cheap valet autostrop to try also lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200407-190728.png
    Screenshot_20200407-190728.png
    418.8 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom