What's new

Schick quandary...

As far as I know, the twin blade injector blades should fit any injector razor, and load in exactly the same manner as single edge injector blades. However, there are members that have more immediate knowledge on this topic -- Ron? Furnaceman?

Here is the wording off of the back of a package of NOS Personna brand twin-injector blades that I have tried with Schick injector razors.

"Personna Injector II blades fit Personna Floating Head Razors and all injector razors made since 1961 except razors with rinsing levers (edit: Hydromagic), Pal razors and Personna stainless steel razors."

I think I've got some Schick twin blades around here somewhere, but have misplaced them for the moment. I think they had something of the same wording. I've used them in a couple of razors. Very nice initial passes. I think that, as with the later plastic cartridges, you tend to pick up a little more irritation if you are enjoying a prolonged multipass shave. I tend to rinse the blade frequently with very hot water as I shave (with any razor) and didn't have any severe cloggling problems. I've also used single injector blades in a razor that came packaged with twins and didn't notice any problem.

As far as I know, the twin blade injector blades should fit any injector razor, and load in exactly the same manner as single edge injector blades. However, there are members that have more immediate knowledge on this topic -- Ron? Furnaceman?

Here is the wording off of the back of a package of NOS Personna brand twin-injector blades that I have tried with Schick injector razors.

"Personna Injector II blades fit Personna Floating Head Razors and all injector razors made since 1961 except razors with rinsing levers (edit: Hydromagic), Pal razors and Personna stainless steel razors."

I think I've got some Schick twin blades around here somewhere, but have misplaced them for the moment. I think they had something of the same wording. I've used them in a couple of razors. Very nice initial passes. I think that, as with the later plastic cartridges, you tend to pick up a little more irritation if you are enjoying a prolonged multipass shave. I tend to rinse the blade frequently with very hot water as I shave (with any razor) and didn't have any severe cloggling problems. I've also used single injector blades in a razor that came packaged with twins and didn't notice any problem.

My experience of late with Personna II twin injector blades, has been with the Nationwide Campus M and O types. The only thing noteworthy is that you really should set your adjustable at a minimum of 5, perferably 6 or 7, when loading a twin blade. Otherwise I find my experience much the same as Dave's.

Top Bottom