What's new

Schick Proline

Upon closer inspection, the Schicks appear to have some what of a hollow grind. There's a link on Straight Razor Place to Schick Japan's proline page. How ever it appears to be an older page. The new page only list's the proline blades.

Using google translate, the blade holder's also appear to be stainless steel. For a considerably lower price than the Feather AC DX.

No disrespect to Feather though, as I purchased a Teak handle AC RG for the equivalent of $90 USD in Tokyo last week. It came in a card board box though, not like the Classic shaving wood one. I love the Teak handle, and it also included 15 pro guard blades.

I'm gonna go back to the shop I purchased the Feather from, and see if they have the straight handle Schick proline. As well as purchase some proline blades.

I tried the pro guards and didn't like them much. They felt a little too rough, I like the super's after 2 shaves. A little to much bite in the begining. I'll try corking them after I try the Schick blades.

Sorry fella's, no dice. Didn't have them anymore.

Picked up some proline blades to try in my Feather. Not too bad, a little more forgiving than the Feather super's . Still have to try corking the supers.

Thanks to the acquisition skills of [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] I now have a Proline (as well as the Proline blades).
It's just magnificent:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks to the acquisition skills of [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] I now have a Proline (as well as the Proline blades).
It's just magnificent:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

From the top it looks like one of those utility knives with the retractible blades....interesting

So here's the first shave:
proxy.php

The Proline is well balanced and feels a lot like a real kamisori in the hand and on the face.
It's a bit heavier than the DX and has a similar head profile:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice!
I wonder how many of these there are outside of Japan?

Shave with the Proline today and a Kai Mild (3)
proxy.php

Compared to the DX there's a tad less blade exposure:
proxy.php

As you might expect, this razor is designed phenomenally well - very very smooth and manouverable, superbly balanced and a really nice grip.

So has anybody else got one of these yet?

Shave with the Proline today and a Kai Mild (3)
proxy.php

Compared to the DX there's a tad less blade exposure:
proxy.php

As you might expect, this razor is designed phenomenally well - very very smooth and manouverable, superbly balanced and a really nice grip.

So has anybody else got one of these yet?
I'd love to get a folding one sometime. Not a big fan of the non-folders, though.

Top Bottom