What's new

Schick Proline in Vector

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Vector's head is incredibly tiny. It is extremely nimble and certainly at the pinnacle of a razor's abilities to reach into small spaces. It's a joy in that regard at and within my nares. While plenty smooth in most directions and most places it is barely smooth enough for me ATG/S-N on my very sensitive upper lip. Barely smooth enough means it's tolerable for sure but not delightful.
The X1 might be slightly smoother for a straight S -> N pass on my upper lip, but it's close and the smaller size of the Vector head makes it a bit easier for me to get my upper lip to a DFS++. :)

I believe what I'd like best would be for the ATT X1 and the Vector to have a baby. Still, I have to do the head to head shaves before suggesting that to the universe.
I would definitely buy one of those. ;)

Both the X1 and the Vector deliver close long lasting shaves. I believe the X1 is smoother, but is my memory correct? Both are efficient enough for me.
The Vectors, The General V2 and the X1 Slant and all very smooth to me. :)

I would be very hard pressed to say I can get a DE razor to easily, reliably, and consistently deliver the close shaves my AC safety razors give me. That doesn't mean the AC platform delivers without any buffing or "second" passes, but I already know A
The AC blade format is also my favored fornat. The Vectors, The General V2 and the X1 Slant all provide superlative shaves for me. :)

As always my number one shaving goal is a Damn Comfortable Shave.
We are in full 100% agreement on this point! :thumbup:

:eek2:I have seen people using Vector with KAI Protouch MG but I cannot load mine into it.

Proline is misaligned in Vector very slightly, but I don't think that will affect the shaving experience.

I got these blades from Amazon Japan last month.
Protouch.jpg

PROLINE.jpg

the only issue i have with the vector is that sometimes its difficult for me to remove the blades from the razor head. i have nicked my thumb a few times trying to remove the blades. i have tried about half dozen different ones and all fit tightly and i try to get my finger nail under the blade to create a gap but sometimes i just get cut.

the only issue i have with the vector is that sometimes its difficult for me to remove the blades from the razor head. i have nicked my thumb a few times trying to remove the blades. i have tried about half dozen different ones and all fit tightly and i try to get my finger nail under the blade to create a gap but sometimes i just get cut.

Yeah, sometimes they stick. I use my fingernail and haven't been cut yet...so probably next time.

Top Bottom