What's new

Schick proline B-20? or not?

I use proline P-20 in RR hawk, yes feel so smooth and sharp, P-20 is the best AC blades I used.
Now I got some injector razors, I take look at proline B-20. I saw some people have bad experience with it.

Schick Proline B-20 Blades - https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-proline-b-20-blades.58503/

"If you look at the corners of the edged side of the B-20 blade they are rounded rather then being straight and square like other injector blades. I think this allows the blade to get a little more exposure as it sits against the blade stops. In repeating razors there should be no difference because they don't have blade stops like the injectors."

Should I try proline B-20 blades or not?
Thank you gentlemen.

Screenshot_20190928-010827.png

Image from Schick Proline B-20 Blades - https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-proline-b-20-blades.58503/

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've used a Proline B-20 blade in my Schick (Type A) and Enders, and really like how they shave. The only issue with the B-20 blades is they don't come in a package with injector key, so you're going to have to hand load them into the razor or into an empty Schick injector cartridge. Not impossible, but sort of puts a dent in the ease-of-use/loading of an injector razor.

Reactions: JSW
In my opinion, the Proline B-20 is the best injector blade I've used. Sharp, smooth. Not saying there aren't better blades. I've read praise about the twin blade injectors, NOS Gillette Platinum, others perhaps. But I've not used them. From my stash, the proline IS the blade.

It's easy to load them into an empty Schick Chick dispenser.

Looked at my injector pack from Supply and they’re rounded...in fact I think whoever you quote has things flip flopped. Most of the blades I’ve used have rounded corners - DE blades, AC blades, Personna hair shapers for the Weck, injector blades, etc.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I bought a B20 dispenser of 20 blades from Connaught shaving and was hoping they would work out. They are not designed for proper seating in my Schick injectors. They are shorter than a standard injector blade and have this huge radis on the edge corners of the blade. With these two differences from the standard blade The blade just does not seat properly IMO so I will not use them . The B20 blades are meant for another type of hair trimmer(Schick's barber shavettes, not for vintage injector razors.) from my understanding. Better just to buy edgewell Personna injector blades that are a standard blade and I believe the P20, P30, B20 are made in the US factory and packaged all around the world. Schick - Proline P-30 - $1.35 each - Double Edge Razor Blade - http://tryablade.com/blade/schick-proline-p-30
P-30 Fluoresin coating is just another name for PTFE (Teflon) coating.
Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
I bought a B20 dispenser of 20 blades from Connaught shaving and was hoping they would work out. They are not designed for proper seating in my Schick injectors. They are shorter than a standard injector blade and have this huge radis on the edge corners of the blade. With these two differences from the standard blade The blade just does not seat properly IMO so I will not use them . The B20 blades are meant for another type of hair trimmer from my understanding. Better just to buy edgewell Personna injector blades that are a standard blade and I believe the P20, P30, B20 are made in the US factory and packaged all around the world. Schick - Proline P-30 - $1.35 each - Double Edge Razor Blade - http://tryablade.com/blade/schick-proline-p-30
Have some great shaves!
The distance between blade stops is not uniform among Schick injectors, thus the Proline sits like the stock blade on my I1, slightly closer to the guard on my E2s (not a problem though). No issues in the Repeating Razors which lack blade stops.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ron R

The distance between blade stops is not uniform among Schick injectors, thus the Proline sits like the stock blade on my I1, slightly closer to the guard on my E2s (not a problem though). No issues in the Repeating Razors which lack blade stops.

No doubt they work well in certain razors, I installed one in my E2 and it seemed not to seat straight IMO. I believe they work well in Enders speed razor with a Enders blade as a shim(Enders blade is obsolete).
Have some great shaves!

No doubt they work well in certain razors, I installed one in my E2 and it seemed not to seat straight IMO. I believe they work well in Enders speed razor with a Enders blade as a shim(Enders blade is obsolete).
Have some great shaves!
I can certainly vouch for the Enders, it's my most used razor these days.

I don't have issues in my E2s. Does yours open? Both of mine are the opening type and holding the head on each side while loading I can perfectly (or at least adequately) align the Proline. I can imagine there might be issues in non opening E or G types.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Ron R

I can certainly vouch for the Enders, it's my most used razor these days.

I don't have issues in my E2s. Does yours open? Both of mine are the opening type and holding the head on each side I can perfectly align the Proline.

My E2 razor does open up by swiveling the spring to the left to load with out a injector key, I tried one in a E3 with the parallel lined safety bar and as a reference and it seemed not to seat right IMO.(I modified my E3 to load with out a injector key also with the spring swiveling to the left)
Have some great shaves!

My E2 razor does open up by swiveling the spring to the left to load with out a injector key, I tried one in a E3 with the parallel lined safety bar and as a reference and it seemed not to seat right IMO.(I modified my E3 to load with out a injector key also with the spring swiveling to the left)
Have some great shaves!
Gotcha. No idea about the E3.

Thank you gentlemen, very useful advice.
I have type E/G/I/K/L/M/N and supply injector razors on the way home, they all have blade stops.

Like Mr. jmudrick says, "The distance between blade stops is not uniform among Schick injectors.”
and Mr. Ron R says,
"They are not designed for proper seating in my Schick injectors. They are shorter than a standard injector blade and have this huge radis on the edge corners of the blade. With these two differences from the standard blade The blade just does not seat properly IMO so I will not use them."

I think you are right, there will be problems when I inject and align B-20 blades. please look the photos below, the blue line is original blade position, now B-20 over to the red line, get more exposure and different feelings.
Screenshot_20190928-010827.png

sketch-1569636346037.png

We have lots shaving times with Injector razor blades, I think I will choose chic blades for consistent experience.

Thanks a lot, gentlemen.

I have type E/G/I/K/L/M/N and supply injector razors on the way home, they all have blade stops.

Like Mr. jmudrick says, "The distance between blade stops is not uniform among Schick injectors.”
and Mr. Ron R says,
"They are not designed for proper seating in my Schick injectors. They are shorter than a standard injector blade and have this huge radis on the edge corners of the blade. With these two differences from the standard blade The blade just does not seat properly IMO so I will not use them."

I think you are right, there will be problems when I inject and align B-20 blades. please look the photos below, the blue line is original blade position, now B-20 over the red line, get more exposure and different feelings.
View attachment 1020732
View attachment 1020733

We have lots shaving times with Injector razor blades, I think I will choose chic blades for consistent experience.

Thanks a lot, gentlemen.
I guess that's either a problem or a feature depending on the kind of exposure you prefer. As the Proline is the only blade I use consistency is not a problem.

D

dangerousrazor

I was satisfied with the P30 blades with AC razor. so I expected similar experience with B20. It felt harsher than P30 and Schick China. So I dont use it in my injector. It is only for my Enders Speed and it really goes well with Enders.

Where the blade actually touches the blade stops is no different than on a normal injector blade to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps I never paid close enough attention. Regardless, I think it is the best current made injector blade, BUT it is not light years ahead of a regular Chinese Schick blade IMO. I get superb shaves from both.

and Mr. Ron R says,

I think you are right, there will be problems when I inject and align B-20 blades. please look the photos below, the blue line is original blade position, now B-20 over to the red line, get more exposure and different feelings.
View attachment 1020732
View attachment 1020733

Thanks a lot, gentlemen.
In my Type F, I only use the Prolines. I also prefer them in my other injectors. I have an opening E-2, non opening E-2, type F, type Gs, I-1 and I-2, J-1, M-1 and M-3, and an O clone. I prefer twin blades in the O clone, but in all of the other razors I've used the Prolines and Chicks and prefer the Prolines. I just have 4 years worth of Chicks so I'll be using those until they run out (once I go back to injectors that is, on a slant DE kick right now).

Is it harder to get perfect alignment with the Prolines? When you're loading it can be. I use my thumbnail and adjust the blade slightly as I slowly remove the injector key. Doing it this way, I get a similar or exactly the same blade exposure in the razor with both chicks and Prolines. It is a slight annoyance that I have to undertake once every two to four weeks. Not really too bad when you think about it. I fiddle with my DE blades far more in my razors, and that's a daily chore.

can I use the B-20 in Supply, inserting the blade manually?

Enviado de meu SM-A217M usando o Tapatalk

Yes. You can also load them into a different injector cartridge that is empty (such as the metal Schick injector cartridges). Has to be done very carefully but can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom