What's new

Schick Proline AC type blades

Hey folks, I'm trying to figure out where/by whom these are manufactured. It seems clear to me a Japanese company has licensed the Schick name. Do we have a handle on if they're manufactured in Seki? Possibly actually by KAI or Feather?

Hey folks, I'm trying to figure out where/by whom these are manufactured. It seems clear to me a Japanese company has licensed the Schick name.

I don't doubt you, but I'm curious what makes you clear about that? Schick was spun off of Energizer several years ago, becoming part of Edgewell Personal Care, which also includes Personna and Wilkinson Sword and bunch of other products. They have worldwide distribution, and Edgewell has a Tokyo office, so why wouldn't they have a blade manufacturing facility in Japan?

Hey folks, I'm trying to figure out where/by whom these are manufactured. It seems clear to me a Japanese company has licensed the Schick name. Do we have a handle on if they're manufactured in Seki? Possibly actually by KAI or Feather?

I don't think KAI or Feather would make them, why take away from their own brand name. It really doesn't matter anyway. As long as they are good that's all that matters.

I'm sold on the Proline too, in this case with the Razorock Hawk Aluminum. I've had a hard time finding that perfect blade for this razor, and the Proline strikes the right balance between efficiency and smoothness. Thumbs up.

Has anyone used the Schick Proline blades long enough to compare them for longevity to other AC type blades? I've been using other razors and blades also since I got the Schick so I have not drawn any conclusions yet.

I have 13 shaves on my first blade, 20 shaves for sure, maybe more...

You are incorrect. Schick was the best selling shaving company in japan until recently. The brand recognition there is very strong. You have to understand that the japanese branch of schick holds a lot of power and does market it s own products for the japanese market. (Injector blades / shaving foam etc )

They dominated the market in japan until recently with the injector. You can find schick carts everywhere in shops and convenience store over there.

The schick proline was the answer from schick to the artist club from feather for the pros market in japan.

They even have had razors that you can find from time to time on ebay (search schick proline) which are fairly rare but built like tanks.

Nowaday shick only do the proline blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your replies above. I lived in Japan for several years and am quite familiar with brand practices there. In another thread, I discovered that these blades are not intended for sale outside Japan, which pretty much answered my question - yes, fasa, in that case there would seem to be no reason not to brand them as KAI or Feather. I am still trying to determine where, exactly, they are manufactured; Edgewell Japan address is near my old neighborhood in Tokyo and is not a manufacturing site. I suppose I should just call them.

Thank you for your replies above. I lived in Japan for several years and am quite familiar with brand practices there. In another thread, I discovered that these blades are not intended for sale outside Japan, which pretty much answered my question - yes, fasa, in that case there would seem to be no reason not to brand them as KAI or Feather. I am still trying to determine where, exactly, they are manufactured; Edgewell Japan address is near my old neighborhood in Tokyo and is not a manufacturing site. I suppose I should just call them.

Having lived in japan i may have stated the obvious to you then. I hope this will be interesting for others.

I need to take a look at my dispenser but i wouldn't be surprised if it s done in the region maybe even in japan.

The schick proline was the answer from schick to the artist club from feather for the pros market in japan.

They even have had razors that you can find from time to time on eBay (search schick proline) which are fairly rare but built like tanks.
Nowadays Schick only do the proline blades.

Were these razors the Artist Club type razor?

Were these razors the Artist Club type razor?

Yes this is an example i have.

proxy.php

I also one in kamisori style to my friend @mjclark

I received a few blades as a gift from a very generous forum member today and when I am done with the Feather blade in my General I will give the Proline a go... Thanks @rabidus...

That's a bit steep. I paid a total cost of $13.02 for P-30 pack.

It is steeper than Rakuten. But Shearworld maintains inventory in the U.S., so you don't have to wait for a packet from Japan or deal with confusing currency translation or shipping options. And these blades last a long time. A P-30 pack is a year's worth, so the extra $7 isn't that onerous in real terms, just percentage terms. It's an extra 60 cents per month to order from Shearworld, and my time is worth at least that.

Top Bottom