What's new

Schick L-1

I just picked picked up a N-1 today for $2.00 at a antique store.

Seems like everyone talks about to J and L models. How does the N shave compared to the others? This is my first injector. How does the L shave, period?

Now I just need blades. Looks like most folks go with the Pellas or Schicks made in China. Any suggestions where to find the China blades? All my local strores carry the no-name Mystery blades.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

I find the Chinese blades at my local grocery and drugstores. Walmart used to have them but they seem to be dropping a lot of the wetshaving supplies.

The J-type and the L-type razors are probably similar in shave characteristics.

You made an excellent find! For some reason, Schick Injectors of 1960 and later are hard to find and can tend to be pricey. Its a good bet that thousands were made and sold and ended up being thrown away when the shaving public made their move to cartridge razors.

The Type N looks to be similiar to the the J and L, with a longer slimmer and perhaps cheaper handle and sold in blister packs. You should be pleased with it. Its hard to get a bad shave from a Schick Injector.

Howdy,

I have a Schick injector where the handle is shaped like Grandma's fine silverware!
I think this might be called the "Paul Revere."

Does anyone know of this razor?

The Paul Revere handle dates from the 1970's and is from the era when Schick (Warner Lambert owned them then) was making somewhat strange handles shaped like auto gear shifts and tennis rackets. :w00t:

They were excellent razors tho. You have a nice one.

I would recommend looking for some quality injector blades. My experience with the CVS, RiteAid, Walmart injector blades (all from the same manufacturer, I believe) was very so so. I like the Ted Pella injector blades much better (no connections, just a customer plug). You can check them out at TedPella.com:001_smile

The Schick blades made in China are very smooth if you are
to find them. I know several other members here praise them as well.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

SaullY G.

I found mine at a local Wegman's Market.... they were
$4.99 for a pack of 7. Perhaps other folks can chime in
where to find at other locations?

Saully G.

Top Bottom