What's new

Schick Kronos silver tip vs black tip

I noticed that on the black handle Schick Kronos, some continue with a black end tip, but some have a silver tip. What do the different tips denote?

I noticed that on the black handle Schick Kronos, some continue with a black end tip, but some have a silver tip. What do the different tips denote?
I think it's just a different year. I've never heard of any perceptible difference between them, aside from visual.

The metal knob was on the early Schick DE and the Eversharp Eagle. I believe the Krona marked razors all had plastic knobs. The metal knob was also used on the golden bicentennial razors.
20200328_102225.jpg

Without getting too into the weeds, the silver knob Kronas are just older (approx. 1965-66). Great razor - mild yet efficient. Fast becoming my daily driver.

I have the newer with the plastic black knob and just acquired a '65-'66 with the metal knob. I have only shaved with the newer one and its an excellent shaver. Like was mentioned above , I may start using it the most with others getting an occasional use.

Top Bottom