What's new

Schick Krona

I recently purchased a vintage Schick Krona razor on eBay for $15. This razor is fantastic! It's just aggressive enough and the weight distribution is perfect. It beats all of my new Merkurs.

I have one that I got at a local antique store for a five spot.

It is a smooth shaving, very well balanced razor.

Congratulations on the acquisition.!

The Schick Krona is an awful razor ... it is way too mild, and all plastic!

So do yourself a favor, and send them to me ... I will dispose of them properly!

have one, decent shave but low weight , when i found it in my dad'S old stuff , had no idea it was actually worth a few bucks !

When I first started wet shaving I was using a Gillette G1000 (a new, cheap store bought plastic razor) with absolutely wretched results. I would have quit if my Dad hadn't given me his old Krona, thank god. Now I have gravitated to an open comb for better results, but I still think kindly of that old Krona. It's a good, solid, mild razor with good balance.

I tried mine for the first time today. I used a new shark blade in it. I got a really good shave with it, but I really don't know how I feel about it yet. I really shaved much more haphazardly then normal with a lot more pressure than normal and got a bbs shave, perhaps even better than my EJ89, with no nicks or weepers, nothing... but it really is light and it really is mild. I know, everyone's reading my post and thinking, "duh, you got a bbs shave with no trauma and you don't know how you feel about it!" Well, yeah! :lol:

I'm just not used to such a mild razor. I'll give it a ride around the block. Race it up and down the street a few times and see how she goes. I started out the same way with the Schick Injector but now have formed sort of an attraction to it. Though, it also still has to prove something more to me. :001_tongu

Last edited:
Even the ultra light and mild Feather Popular gives you a rash over time when you develop a habit of applying pressure. I don't expect the Krona to be different. In fact, the Feather Popular is milder than the Krona. The Popular shaves best with a sharp blade ... and no pressure!

Shark is a pretty sharp blade... and when I said I applied more pressure I meant compared to my Aristocrat. If I were applying an insane amount of pressure I'm sure there would be some graphic signs of it, such as nicks and bleeding. I have never developed a rash from shaving.

Shark is a pretty sharp blade... and when I said I applied more pressure I meant compared to my Aristocrat. If I were applying an insane amount of pressure I'm sure there would be some graphic signs of it, such as nicks and bleeding. I have never developed a rash from shaving.

I misinterpreted the word "pressure" then :001_smile

I did develop a slight rash frim using the Feather Popular. It disappeared when I realized what was going on.

I love using one of my several Krona's. I always get a great, easy, comfy shave. I don't have a single other razor in my collection that I prefer more.

Top Bottom