What's new

Schick Krona

I picked one up at an estate for $2 and love it. My wife took it over and loves the longer handle. I still steal it back from time to time.

I love this razor, so I bought two! Actually, I bought a second one because I wanted to give it to my nephew as a starter DE. I think it's great for beginners because it has good feel and is easy to wield. I agree that it would be nice if it were a bit heavier, but it's hard to say.

If you like Krona's, I recommend you try the Gillette Knack as well. The Knack is a beautiful shaver with a long tapered handle(in the opposite direction that the Krona handle tapers) and works well with a Feather. It's more top heavy than the Krona.

Last edited:
I have a Krona, and I like it a lot. But not quite as much as my Techs and Blue-tips. For some reason, I tend to use pressure with the Krona, and always wind up nicking myself with a fresh blade. Of course, the fault is mine, not the Krona's, but it tends to make me prefer my other razors. Maybe the longer handle throws me off.

Or maybe it's because I have a couple of cased Blue-tips and Techs, but every time a sweet cased Krona comes up on the BS&T, someone grabs it before I can!

Top Bottom