What's new

Schick Krona (or not)

Hi all!
As you know I bought five razors for 5 Euros and one of them was a Schick Krona, or was it?
According to this thread my "Krona" might be an ordinary Schick DE: The when is it a Schick Krona and when is it not DE timeline - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-when-is-it-a-schick-krona-and-when-is-it-not-de-timeline.573806/?fbclid=IwAR1kobu81PZtIIzH0uUNReLCG5kA-oE7bTwySBx8_FCexEvMnKVbDcby4fU

Anyway, it does not matter to me what the correct name is, if it's Krona or just a DE.
It is a really nice and comfortable razor ;)

Now I have a question on the numbers under the baseplate.
My Schick is marked 1, M, 4, 5
I have seen other combinations of numbers and the letter M.
Is this a date code or what?

Schick did not date their razors. That is probably a factory code.
I looked through B&B and some other forums and the code seems to mean something, even if it's not a precise timecode.
This is what I read in B&B wiki:

• ca. 1964-65: original design with short metal knob, two-ply center bar, labelled with code M-5 and "Made in U.S.A" plus either a "SCHICK" or a triangle logo, blank doors, approximate weight 55-g.
  • ca. 1966: design revised with long metal knob, two-ply center bar, often labelled with code 6-M, "3-2" or "4-2", and "Made in U.S.A" plus either a "SCHICK" or a triangle logo, blank doors, approximate weight 50-g.
  • ca. 1966: as above, but grey instead of black and branded EVERSHARP with eagle logo.
  • ca. 1967-68: design revised for 1967 patents, plastic knob, one-ply center bar, often labelled with code 1-M, "PATENTS PENDING", doors stamped "Schick - Schick" or "Schick - Krona" or "Schick - (blank)", approximate weight 38-g.
  • ca. 1968-76 or later: plastic knob, one-ply center bar, various codes, doors stamped "Schick - Schick" or "Schick - Krona" or "Schick - (blank)", approximate weight 38-g.
It could also be that Schick put some random numbers with an M on the baseplate just to confuse future collectors? ;)
Anyway, as you can see it's in a very good condition 😊 IMG_20201022_072915.jpgIMG_20201022_072929.jpgIMG_20201022_073006.jpg

Top Bottom