What's new

Schick Krona- Best shave ever

Just used a Krona for the first time, and I have to join the chorus of praise for this razor. It gave me one of the most comfortable shaves I've had in a while, and it was efficient enough. I went three passes to BBS with the setup below. I used the Noxema as a pre-shave base on which I face-lathered the Cella. I'm a fan!

PXL_20220716_133155677.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just used a Krona for the first time, and I have to join the chorus of praise for this razor. It gave me one of the most comfortable shaves I've had a while, and it was efficient enough. I went three passes to BBS with the setup below. I used the Noxema as a pre-shave base on which I face-lathered the Cella. I'm a fan!

View attachment 1489003
I think I have the same Krona. An incredible, most underappreciated razor.

Your photo reminded me of my Dad! Thank you. He would often shave with nothing but Noxzema and water.

Your photo reminded me of my Dad! Thank you. He would often shave with nothing but Noxzema and water.
Noxema has been a revelation as a pre-shave for me. I could totally see it working as a shaving cream also.

One of my first vintage razors was a Krona. I liked it enough that I've accumulated several & they all give a fantastic shave. They're not particularly sexy or as eye-catching as a Sheraton, Goodwill or Old Type, but the shave is always reliably smooth, close and comfortable. When I'm tired of reaching for all the bling for a shave, I turn to a Krona.

I'd always wanted one with the metal end, and just got 2 - one will deliver in the mail today. I had to buy a lot of 6 and another lot of 7 razors, and each had a Krona in addition to a couple of others that I needed for donor handles to refurbish a Goodwill.

So, for the cost of 2 Kronas, I've ended up with 11 other razors, including several GEMs, 2 40's Super Speeds, and a Ball End OT that is too nice to pirate the handle from.

Your write-up inspired me to use Noxema and water for a shave. I was impressed, I bought 3 more jars, no more face itch or irritation! My Schick Krona and Eversharp Schick (gray handle) perform well with the Noxema.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Your write-up inspired me to use Noxema and water for a shave. I was impressed, I bought 3 more jars, no more face itch or irritation! My Schick Krona and Eversharp Schick (gray handle) perform well with the Noxema.
That truly does my heart good to hear my friend. Perhaps I will try it tomorrow!

That truly does my heart good to hear my friend. Perhaps I will try it tomorrow!
Using the Noxema speeds up my shaving process time as well. No more brush or bowl to clean or spend time whippnig up a good lather. As an aspiring minimalist, I like to trim extra steps where ever I can.

Top Bottom