What's new

Schick injectors. What's your experiences, good or bad.

Had a Schick I-2, turned my neck into hamburger that required weeks to heal. I still have red spots where the skin is not normal.
Wow...my ED razor is an I2, and I find it to be a very smooth performer.

How long have you been using it? How many shaves?

If you (like me) started using an injector after using a cart, it's possible that you (like me) started shaving like using a cart -- because the injector in some ways may seem like a cart at first glance. It's certainly not a DE...I would opine that if one went from a cart to a DE, there would be some care in first use because it is different.

But an injector may seem like a cart, but it has a real blade and it is sharp. If you (like me) started out with a new blade and shaved with an injector with the same pressure-ized "squeegee-ing" technique that carts encourage/require, you (like me) would not have a good experience. My first post-cart injector shave was not a pretty sight..and, let me tell you, the AS splash was knee-buckling! :w00t: There was definitely a healing (and lesson-learning) time off!

Best advice: let the razor set the blade angle...the flat top of the razor goes against the skin, and then you slightly lower the handle to get the best angle. And...NO PRESSURE!!! Although the I2 is not a heavyweight, I let its weight do the work with the blade.

For me it was a short learning curve, as I started out when I was an ignorant yoot using an injector, and I guess Ye Olde Muscle Memory kicked in. I really enjoy using my I2...and recently my Type G.

I hope you persevere and learn to like the injector as much as I (and many other SchickHeads hereabouts) do.

I have a model J ( long handle ) and a PAL injector.

I used them regularly until new cart models were introduced.

These are really nice shavers...IMO the injectors were among the best razors ever produced...fast, easy and close.

Wow...my ED razor is an I2, and I find it to be a very smooth performer.

How long have you been using it? How many shaves?

If you (like me) started using an injector after using a cart, it's possible that you (like me) started shaving like using a cart -- because the injector in some ways may seem like a cart at first glance. It's certainly not a DE...I would opine that if one went from a cart to a DE, there would be some care in first use because it is different.

But an injector may seem like a cart, but it has a real blade and it is sharp. If you (like me) started out with a new blade and shaved with an injector with the same pressure-ized "squeegee-ing" technique that carts encourage/require, you (like me) would not have a good experience. My first post-cart injector shave was not a pretty sight..and, let me tell you, the AS splash was knee-buckling! :w00t: There was definitely a healing (and lesson-learning) time off!

Best advice: let the razor set the blade angle...the flat top of the razor goes against the skin, and then you slightly lower the handle to get the best angle. And...NO PRESSURE!!! Although the I2 is not a heavyweight, I let its weight do the work with the blade.

For me it was a short learning curve, as I started out when I was an ignorant yoot using an injector, and I guess Ye Olde Muscle Memory kicked in. I really enjoy using my I2...and recently my Type G.

I hope you persevere and learn to like the injector as much as I (and many other SchickHeads hereabouts) do.

I agree...this is a simple, forgiving, well mannered injector...

I've never had a bad shave with an injector--but, then, I learned to shave with one. One of the gents on the forum once observed that if you can't learn to shave with an injector, then you probably need to wear a crash helmet to the dinner table.

I've never had a bad shave with an injector--but, then, I learned to shave with one. One of the gents on the forum once observed that if you can't learn to shave with an injector, then you probably need to wear a crash helmet to the dinner table.
+1
I also have found the I-2 to be one excellent razor, providing great shaves.
Like all razors correct pressure, blade angle are required, as well be sure that the blade you use is not damaged, and installed correctly.
With the I-2, it is mandatory to make sure that the blade cleaning release lever is closed prior to use.

I love injectors. I still struggle with the Schick Type E, but The G and L have worked extremely well. However, I prefer the heft and feel of a DE.

I had my first Injector razor shave today. It was a 40"s model, and I used some Schick blades. It was as smooth as any shave I've had in two pass's, even compared to a lot of DE blades I've tried. I might cutting down a Feather artist ss single edged blade. I recommend this for another razor in your collection.

An injector (Type L) was my first razor also...and I am a pure injector user now (no DE in my immediate future...).

I just started using a Type G (my birth year razor) and it's amazing -- smooth as butter! It has supplanted the I-2 that had been my ED razor as my favorite. A Type E is next up...but I'm enjoying the Type G so much it may be a while.

Good man, Shiloh. There's not a lot of difference between a Type E and a Type G, but the difference is noticeable. Try the E--I don't think you will be disappointed.

Good man, Shiloh. There's not a lot of difference between a Type E and a Type G, but the difference is noticeable. Try the E--I don't think you will be disappointed.
I've read hereabouts that the E is more aggressive than the G...not sure what to expect.

I feel I'm getting my old injector muscle memory/technique back after about 4 months of real shaving (post-cart) and I'm pretty confident with the G (did I mention what a sweetheart it is? :001_smile) so maybe I'll (cautiously) jump in with the E, just to get a calibration.

Hi,
im waiting for the delivery of a Schick Golden 500 injector. Bought it on the Bay, it looks in really good nick! I've never used an injector style before so really keen to give it a go. The razor itself is a thing of beauty IMO, but does it perform?
whats your thoughts?

Good Choice. Darn Fine Razor.
I personally prefer shorter handles(I learned on a schick hydro-magic 35+ years ago) but I have a 500 and it is very good.
As attested by others you do get more shaves from an injector blade. I have a very tough beard and will chew up a DE blade like a Feather in just one shave so I usually only use DE blades once. The injector blade will give me 3.

Enjoy your shaves

I love mine. I have the one with the tennis handle grip; I forget what the model is called. It always gives a smooth shave, although the hair seems to grow back faster when compared to my other razors.

I love mine. I have the one with the tennis handle grip; I forget what the model is called. It always gives a smooth shave, although the hair seems to grow back faster when compared to my other razors.
And that means you get to shave more often! [emoji41]

I. Agree since injectors my de have taken a back seat. I love my weck surgical prep with hair shaper blades like a big injector

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My E3 came in from the BST yesterday and gave it a 10 min head-soak in Barbicide and a light toothbrush buffing. Had my first shave with it this morning and I was blown away. I honestly can not remember when I last had a shave this nice. :thumbup:

Had a Schick I-2, turned my neck into hamburger that required weeks to heal. I still have red spots where the skin is not normal.

I tried a Schick I also and had more than a couple nicks. It's been a couple weeks and I still have a little red spot on my chin. I tried a Schick L before which didn't leave any nicks or irritation, but did leave some stubble on my neck. I get better shaves from my DE razors.

Top Bottom