What's new

Schick injectors - A comprehensive guide

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
So, not sure this is the right place to ask this or not, but here it goes: I just picked up my first Injector (a Schick type A) and am having a heck of a time deciding what blades to pick up. I know modern injector blades work, but the only ones I can ever find are, what I believe to be, the Chinese Schick blades they sell on Amazon. Are those the only ones available? and if they aren't where do you source blades? Seems like injector blades aren't that popular on the shave stores I frequent.

Have you tried the Schick Chick blades? To me, they're quite good.

I've not used a Type A, so I'm speaking only to the blade in the Schicks I've used it in.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So, not sure this is the right place to ask this or not, but here it goes: I just picked up my first Injector (a Schick type A) and am having a heck of a time deciding what blades to pick up. I know modern injector blades work, but the only ones I can ever find are, what I believe to be, the Chinese Schick blades they sell on Amazon. Are those the only ones available? and if they aren't where do you source blades? Seems like injector blades aren't that popular on the shave stores I frequent.
There are 4 types of injectors blades that are being MFG today + you can take a AC p30 and cut it to length also.
Twin blades (2).jpg You can still purchase these modern Japanese Twins. These last a long time and are worth it, Im on shave (21) & still lots of life in the blade. They are designed for L to O type Shick injectors. Some folks have used them in other models but not recommended.
s-l225 (2).jpg These are called Schick,excellent
Personna injector blades (2).jpg Personna coated SS PTFE, on order-good> excellent depending on who's opinion, magazine plastic that some do not like them because of this.
wp13681ee8_06 (2).png These are becoming very popular, you need a way of installing them, use a regular magazine and but a new blade in the top of stack and just inject it into your razor - no big deal. On order-excellent
Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Have you tried the Schick Chick blades? To me, they're quite good.

I've not used a Type A, so I'm speaking only to the blade in the Schicks I've used it in.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have yet to try any injector blades. My first injector won’t be here until next week. Hopefully I like it, because I love the function and look of the type A (that’s what drew me to it).

Thanks for the replies. I might go with some of the B-20s. Not really worried about the key because the type A has the clip anyway so I’m gonna have to fill that anyway.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have yet to try any injector blades. My first injector won’t be here until next week. Hopefully I like it, because I love the function and look of the type A (that’s what drew me to it).

Thanks for the replies. I might go with some of the B-20s. Not really worried about the key because the type A has the clip anyway so I’m gonna have to fill that anyway.

I've not used Prolines in an injector but I've used them in the AC razors. My understanding is the blades are the same except for length. Prolines are excellent blades.

That said, I'm not remotely sure Prolines are better than Chicks. Chicks hit way beyond their pay grade.

Mostly I shave with straight razors now but I am still a huge fan of injectors. If you're new to them you're in for a treat. A while back I wrote about why I like my favorite safety razor. I'm not sure if I mentioned the blade in the razor or not, but it's a Chick. Anyway, in case you're interested in how an injector fan such as me sees their razor, here's the post about my E-2 love affair.

I will enjoy hearing about the Type A regardless of the blade in it. I've heard nothing bad about any of the current injector blades, but I've only used the Chick and the TWIN in my injectors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Congrats hopefully it comes with the clip often they don't and Amazon doesn't carry them

Manually load the Chick you already have first to see if you enjoy the shave before waiting for blades across the water

In the A I would suggest loading a single blade in the clip, at least to start with, to make sure it operates smoothly . A jammed A is a real bummer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Congrats hopefully it comes with the clip often they don't and Amazon doesn't carry them

Manually load the Chick you already have first to see if you enjoy the shave before waiting for blades across the water

From what I can see it has a clip in it. Hard to be 100% certain of it until I get it in hand.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
From what I can see it has a clip in it. Hard to be 100% certain of it until I get it in hand.
Congrats on the "A" -- I absolutely love mine. I've been using a Proline in it and couldn't be happier. Mine doesn't have the clip, so I hand loaded it, which was much easier than I was anticipating. I would definitely take folks advice on how to use the clip....from what I've heard, the modern blades can jam them up if you're not careful, and unjamming can be a challenge. That said, I'm on the hunt for either another A with a clip, or just a clip. They are just excellent razors.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
So, if I do end up jamming the mechanism, is there a way to un-jam it?
I think I recall seeing a video on un-jamming a Type B -- not much around on Type A. I think Razor Emporium works on them, so they probably could fix it for you. From what I understand, the trick is to only load one blade in the clip at a time....too many blades and I guess it tries to load 2 at once and then you've got a jam. Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy who has only loaded his Magazine Repeating Razor with a pair of needle-nose pliers and nerves of steel :lol1:.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Use Fred's advice - as said, load it first by hand. I have a Type A, with the magazine as it was called, and it worked with modern blades.

Here's mine - blade is a Chick

IMG_8837.JPG

Ron R

Just a update on the Schick proline B20 injector blades I just received and they might not be a real good choice for Schick injector razors because the corners of the blade are so rounded to seat in the blade keepers properly. They are used for trimming hair originally and might not be meant for Schick injector razors IMO. So what might occur if tried the blade is seated deeper & might become to aggressive because it gives a little more blade exposure - my $.02 worth.

There are 4 types of injectors blades that are being MFG today + you can take a AC p30 and cut it to length also.

You can still purchase these modern Japanese Twins. These last a long time and are worth it, Im on shave (21) & still lots of life in the blade. They are designed for L to O type Shick injectors. Some folks have used them in other models but not recommended.

These are called Schick,excellent

Personna coated SS PTFE, on order-good> excellent depending on who's opinion, magazine plastic that some do not like them because of this.

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Just a update on the Schick proline B20 injector blades I just received and they might not be a real good choice for Schick injector razors because the corners of the blade are so rounded to seat in the blade keepers properly. They are used for trimming hair originally and might not be meant for Schick injector razors IMO. So what might occur if tried the blade is seated deeper & might become to aggressive because it gives a little more blade exposure - my $.02 worth.

You can still purchase these modern Japanese Twins. These last a long time and are worth it, Im on shave (21) & still lots of life in the blade. They are designed for L to O type Shick injectors. Some folks have used them in other models but not recommended.

These are called Schick,excellent

Personna coated SS PTFE, on order-good> excellent depending on who's opinion, magazine plastic that some do not like them because of this.

Have some great shaves!
The Japanese blades are also available as single blades (non twin)

Ron R

I was not referring to the B20
View attachment 1013043

Single and twin. Both available from Japan.
Thanks for the update. They are not B20 blades like you mentioned but are Schick brand & will have a better grind on the corner edge grind(not the big radis) with likely having a decent coating because it carry's the Schick injector brand. I have the their twin II blades(Excellent) the single blade will be made similar hopefully. Now I will have to buy some.
Have some great shaves!

Thanks for the update. They are not B20 blades like you mentioned but are Schick brand & will have a better grind on the corner edge grind(not the big radis) with likely having a decent coating because it carry's the Schick injector brand. I have the their twin II blades(Excellent) the single blade will be made similar hopefully. Now I will have to buy some.
Have some great shaves!
I never referred to B20 blades.
Is there a website to purchase them, I'd like to try them and compare them to the Chinese Schick's.
I've only ever seen them on ebay. Much more expensive than Chinese Schick blades.

Top Bottom