What's new

Schick Injector

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Clarify...you have the injector key inserted and the new blade isnt ejecting the blank??
+1, Assuming you have a key run the head of the razor under the tap with hot water then cold and then insert the key and more than likely freed up the plastic and insert a fresh blade. The new blade will push out the shim and let you inject a fresh blade hopefully (sometimes you have to wiggle the key to get a good alignment while pushing). If that does not work I have more in-depth methods of getting it out.

Clarify...you have the injector key inserted and the new blade isnt ejecting the blank??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1, Assuming you have a key run the head of the razor under the tap with hot water then cold and then insert the key and more than likely freed up the plastic and insert a fresh blade. The new blade will push out the shim and let you inject a fresh blade hopefully (sometimes you have to wiggle the key to get a good alignment while pushing). If that does not work I have more in-depth methods of getting it out.

Yes. The new blade was getting stuck and didn't eject the blank. It turns out that I had the fasten the hinge on the razor because it clearly says "CLOSE IT TO LOAD BLADE!!" Stupid me didn't read the thing and just assumed that you load the blade with the hinge loose, kind of like a butterfly DE razor. Because of the mistake, now the razor head is slightly torn in the bottom with my excess force. Sigh...

Anyways, I had a shave with it today and it was fine. I did not see any bend or irregularities on the razor so I'm hoping it's just a cosmetic defect.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Yes. The new blade was getting stuck and didn't eject the blank. It turns out that I had the fasten the hinge on the razor because it clearly says "CLOSE IT TO LOAD BLADE!!" Stupid me didn't read the thing and just assumed that you load the blade with the hinge loose, kind of like a butterfly DE razor. Because of the mistake, now the razor head is slightly torn in the bottom with my excess force. Sigh...

Anyways, I had a shave with it today and it was fine. I did not see any bend or irregularities on the razor so I'm hoping it's just a cosmetic defect.
Right on, when installing blades in the future visually make sure the new does not touch the 1st blade stop, you should not have any issues once a blade is installed, some times a person gets a used Schick injector razor with no blade installed and can wreck a blade or two not knowing. I always take a used blade and put it in the dispenser and then inject it that way not damaging a new blade. Schick injectors with the Schick blade is a very nice shave.
s-l225 (2).jpg
Have some great shaves.

It's a good razor, albeit more aggressive than the later Shick razors.

All Shicks are very effective razors compared to DE or cartridges, because the blades don't chatter. I did a decent 1 1/2 pass shave earlier today using a type M, one of the mildest of the bunch.

Top Bottom