What's new

Schick Injector

Hi all I just pick this up on ebay Eversharp Schick Injector
I was wondering if you guys have
some info on it and is it any good as a razor? I have never owned an
injector
Also can someone give me a recommendation on the new blades to buy and maybe where?
I paid $30AU including postage
thanks in advance
Paul
schick1.jpg schick.jpg

Last edited:
Can you take a picture from the side of this, this angle makes the spring look strange. Want to be sure it isn’t dislodged before you attempt to use.

Looks like a type E? (Or is it a G?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the sellers pics I'm still waiting for it to arrive
here is is one of his pics from the other side
could it be the blade incorrectly fitted
schick 3.jpg

from that angle, the spring looks like it is in the correct place, but yes, from that angle the blade seems off...hope that won't affect performance. I'd proceed with caution. Do not remove that blade with anything but an injector key and new blade, ie don't go grabbing that blade with a needle-nosed pliers.

As for blades, you can get the Chinese made Schick injectors on amazon, the "auction site" or Rakuten (global), they are considered very good; you can also get NOS injectors on the "auction site". No "twins" for this model.

G-types are great, medium aggressiveness in my humble opinion; I like my G-66.

from that angle, the spring looks like it is in the correct place, but yes, from that angle the blade seems off...hope that won't affect performance. I'd proceed with caution. Do not remove that blade with anything but an injector key and new blade, ie don't go grabbing that blade with a needle-nosed pliers.

As for blades, you can get the Chinese made Schick injectors on amazon, the "auction site" or Rakuten (global), they are considered very good; you can also get NOS injectors on the "auction site". No "twins" for this model.

G-types are great, medium aggressiveness in my humble opinion; I like my G-66.
thanks mate I will get some blades and do as you have instructed
will have to want and see if its still usable
thanks for your advice @Shantytownbrown

Hi all I just pick this up on ebay Eversharp Schick Injector
I was wondering if you guys have
some info on it and is it any good as a razor? I have never owned an
injector
Also can someone give me a recommendation on the new blades to buy and maybe where?
I paid $30AU including postage
thanks in advance
Paul
View attachment 1008423 View attachment 1008424

What others have noted: That spring looks off. That type of injector razor let you swing the spring to one side in order to better clean it. That dropped the bottom plate and safety bar. If that spring isn't tight against the bottom plate, it means a loose blade, and that means nicks and cuts.

The blades are easy to find on Amazon, but you might can find them locally. I like to buy mine from a nearby grocery store. Granted it's the only local store that carries them, but it does happen.

I prefer Schick blades. Tried what looks like Persona, and had such a bad experience, wondered if I ended up with something like a utility knife version.

From the picture, the blade is not properly inserted. The blade overhangs the base and cap on one side, there should be no overhang. An overhanging blade will present a slashing hazard. The spring will not swing easily, unless you reduce the cog, that catches the spring, and the shoulders on the spring that engage with the cog should be eased with a needle file. Please note the blade guards on the safety bar, the razor edge needs to engage both guards equally.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
From the picture, the blade is not properly inserted. The blade overhangs the base and cap on one side, there should be no overhang. An overhanging blade will present a slashing hazard.
+1

I think a lot of injectors are sold with an old blade in them precisely because the seller does not have an injector with the required key.

I think a lot of injectors are sold with an old blade in them precisely because the seller does not have an injector with the required key.

And I have received several on “the auction site” without a blade where the unknowing seller either tried or did remove the blade w a pliers or whatever leaving the razor a dangerous weapon. I have luckily had respectful sellers who refunded my money and a few that didn’t even have me return the item.

I always ask now if they have left the blade alone, turned the spring etc. if I don’t get a good sense, I won’t buy/bid. I also ask if I do buy/win to ship it with the blade so they don’t try to remove after the purchase.

When I sell an injector here I always make sure to tell you gents there is a blade so you can replace it proper and you know so you don’t loose part of your fingertip opening your mail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all the razor arrived on Thursday
I'm glad to see its in good nick
it has a black plastic blank where the blade should go
now I'm wondering if it has ever been used.
I have a pack of 20 personna blades on the way to try it out :001_rolle
proxy.php

That looks way better, if not perfect, compared with the original pics that were provided; I agree that looks unused given it still has its blank in it;

I think you will have many great shaves with that, enjoy it "in good health" as my grandmother would have said.

This one is a tad aggressive in my experience, dont apply too much pressure and it may take a bit to find the right angle that works well for you.

I would suggest you gets some Chinese Schicks for comparison and even some vintage Schicks from that auction site too; I do not recommend the vintage Gillette injector blades, I did not have a great experience with them.

A Schick injector got me into plenty of trouble - it led to the ever-growing accumulation of vintage razors plaguing me today. The injector followed my Uncle, a Combat Medic, from Normandy Beach D-Day +1 all the way to Berlin. It was passed around several family members, and my Dad left it to me. I endorse the Chicks (Chinese Schick blades) as the best shave, but it is a razor that needs to be best appreciated after developing proper shave techniques with Gillette Techs, Superspeeds, Schick Kronas or more mainstream vintage double edge razors. I revisit several of my injectors from time-to-time and they make me appreciate the ease in which my other razors shave, in comparison. The injector is less forgiving in imprecise shaving angle, often with varying degrees of (minor) blood loss.

Don't be disheartened if you don't immediately get the quick and smooth shave you expect. Or if you do, be proud of the ease in which you have mastered injector shaving.

I currently have 2 Gillette Techs with ball end handles for around $15 each. They will be among the other variety of older & newer Tech-type razors in my collection - all capable of excellent smooth, easy and fast shaves.

In fact, if you want a great training razor to ready you for return to the injector, with minimal expenditure, click this:
Oh my is this even use able??? Came across online.

A Schick injector got me into plenty of trouble - it led to the ever-growing accumulation of vintage razors plaguing me today. The injector followed my Uncle, a Combat Medic, from Normandy Beach D-Day +1 all the way to Berlin. It was passed around several family members, and my Dad left it to me. I endorse the Chicks (Chinese Schick blades) as the best shave, but it is a razor that needs to be best appreciated after developing proper shave techniques with Gillette Techs, Superspeeds, Schick Kronas or more mainstream vintage double edge razors. I revisit several of my injectors from time-to-time and they make me appreciate the ease in which my other razors shave, in comparison. The injector is less forgiving in imprecise shaving angle, often with varying degrees of (minor) blood loss.

Don't be disheartened if you don't immediately get the quick and smooth shave you expect. Or if you do, be proud of the ease in which you have mastered injector shaving.

I currently have 2 Gillette Techs with ball end handles for around $15 each. They will be among the other variety of older & newer Tech-type razors in my collection - all capable of excellent smooth, easy and fast shaves.

In fact, if you want a great training razor to ready you for return to the injector, with minimal expenditure, click this:
Oh my is this even use able??? Came across online.
Hi thanks for all the great info I have a large collection of razors and have tried them all
Mate I have so much respect for our veterans here in Australia there our diggers
as for the razors here is a pic of my tech's
cheers mate
Paul
lboxed tech.jpg

Hi all the razor arrived on Thursday
I'm glad to see its in good nick
it has a black plastic blank where the blade should go
now I'm wondering if it has ever been used.
I have a pack of 20 personna blades on the way to try it out :001_rolle
proxy.php
Hey, do you know how to remove the blank plastic blade? I'm trying to load my razor and it's not budging

Top Bottom