What's new

schick injector

I just won a rather nice Shick Injector Type G on eBay and cannot for the life of me figure out how to open/close the thing for cleaning. Can anyone give me some simple instructions.

Thanks for the info but that still doesn't answer my question. The older Schick injectors (Types E, F, G) from about 1935 to 1955 have a clip that if properly rotated out of the way, will allow the razor to open up for cleaning. You don't need skewers or dowels. I was able to get the clip out of the way but it got bent and then wouldn't hold the blade tightly. I restored the clip to its original shape but now can't get it back into position without bending it again. There must be a simpler solution or these razors wouldn't have been around for 20 years.

Actually, the info that you requested is in that link. Did you read the whole thing?

Sounds to me like you already know how to open/close the razor.

:001_smile

Yes, I read the whole thing. Did you read my whole reply? You have to bend the clip to make it rotate in either direction and when done the blade is not held securely. Not good.

slomoshun said:
Yes, I read the whole thing. Did you read my whole reply? You have to bend the clip to make it rotate in either direction and when done the blade is not held securely. Not good.

I certainly meant no rudeness in my reply. I apologize if you read it that way.

Sounds like something may be wrong with your razor. Sorry we can't help any further.

I too am sorry if I offended. I am just frustrated and hoped to hear from someone who has one of these old Schick razors and an instruction book that tells how to properly open the thing. I really do not see anything wrong with the razor.

I just did mine. Wrapped a screwdriver in cloth to prevent scratch, and put the tip down against the spring, and pried lighting with the side of the screwdriver resting against the bar (so the tip was pushing the clip back toward the handle. Pry it just enough to clear the tab and rotate, and you won't loosen the spring. Or at least it stayed sound on mine. YMMV. But doing this carfully actually displaces the spring less than shoving a dowel up in there.

Thanks - I have two of these to clean and they're filthy, the only way they'll get clean is if I open the spring.

Top Bottom