What's new

Schick Injector!!

Hi!
I've just bought 2 Schick Injector Ever Hydro Matic something. One of them are brand new, (very nice)and the other one is used lightly. My problem is that it's very hard to put the blade in the razor, (both of them). Could any one tell me how to do. :blushing: Am I missing something ? Please help me, I would like to use them and change blade safely.
Thanks a lot

Thank's for your reply!
I have tried that.
It seems that the blades are stuck in 2 holes and are very hard to release. If I use a stick, like the one I saw here when cleaning an Injector, then it's possible to remove the blade.
Don't seem to be the right way to do so.

______
Peter

pcxpe said:
Thank's for your reply!
I have tried that.
It seems that the blades are stuck in 2 holes and are very hard to release. If I use a stick, like the one I saw here when cleaning an Injector, then it's possible to remove the blade.
Don't seem to be the right way to do so.

______
Peter
Peter,
I am unable to visualize your issue. Would it help to open the razor? You are saying it is not an alignment issue, correct?

guenron said:
Peter,
I am unable to visualize your issue. Would it help to open the razor? You are saying it is not an alignment issue, correct?

Ok!
I understand that I have not been clear to explain the issue, having trouble to understand my self sometimes.:001_rolle

Anyway let me se if I can explain it to you.

If I open up the razor it seems that the blade is stuck on two "pins". It seems that these two "pins" are there to hold the blade in place. However when I try to change blade in the razor, I can't get the blade to slide over these two "pins".
I don't know if that's clears something up for you, I have taken some pictures of the razor, take a look at them.

Regards

Hi Peter,

I have the same EXACT problem as you have ! I have a Golden 500 injector.
I had the same issues , then I read Ron's manual. and I tried getting the blade in and it got stuck aswell, ontop of that Im sure I damaged the razor aswell just under the part where the blade is to be insert at some point it gets a bit wider the bubble on the key and I saw I ripped a bit of metal open under my Schick Golden 500. perhaps the crack was always there but I think it wasnt there before . The handle your talking about you only use to Release the blade and for extra cleaning the Razor you must close that handle or else those two pins are stuck against the razor blades. the handle also says CLOSE TO CHANGE BLADES

Im buying the new injector razors that come out soon I will practise on those first not to further damage a piece of history

"the handle also says CLOSE TO CHANGE BLADES"

This is so stupid!:lol:
Here I am trying to change a blade with the handle open, when it says CLOSE HANDLE TO CHANGE BLADES. :blushing: It all comes back to RTFM.

When I try now with the handle closed it works like a charm, anyway thanks so much for your help. Case closed.

Peter,
I am glad that you have found happiness.. You, the hydro, and the blades are all now one with the shave! Enjoy.

Top Bottom