What's new

Schick Injector vs. Vector

Schick Injector vs. Vector

Seems unfair for a $25-$35 razor to take on a $200 favorite. I have owned a Vector and agree that it is a great razor. The Vector is efficient and easy to use; however, I was never satisfied with the handle (too narrow for me) and Blackland does not offer handle options with the Vector so your investment increases if you want to add a more suitable handle to satisfy your requirements and compliments the Vector. Something I was not willing to do.

I used the Vector primarily to shave my head and it did a great job. After reading several reviews for various Schick injectors I purchased 2 Schick razors to test.

My first test was with a pristine E3 that still had a blank in the razor (I think that it is an E). I cleaned it up and loaded a Proline B-20. I shave my head ATG and after one pass I knew that I found a new option to shave my head. The Schick is so well engineered that its small size has perfect balance and fit. The simplicity and size provide an easy to maneuver shaver that does not require much thought or concern as you whip around your head. The feel of this little shaver makes you feel like you are in complete control. I think the Schick could also be used to face shave on that morning that you are short on time and just need a quick shave to get out the door.

After a rinse of my head and a splash of witch hazel, I realized that I had a quick simple shave as close or closer than my Vector at a fraction of the price. Since the Schick and the Vector use different blade formats this is an apples to oranges comparison of razors but not the results. If you want a Vector or own a Vector the Schick would not make me pass on a Vector but if you are looking for an inexpensive alternative the Schick is a nice option.

Next up: Schick Adjustable.

s-l1600.jpg

That is a very nice razor you have there. If it is an E (single patent number) it's in about the best condition I have seen.

Yes, single patent # and fins on the sides of the spring.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190922_130655.jpg
    20190922_130655.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Ironically, I just shaved last night with a mint E3 using a Proline B-20 blade. Fantastic lil' gizmo. Just need to use a light touch. :thumbsup:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Blackland is a good company, that makes nice razors, no disrespect intended. But the Schick E Type or the M (adjustable series) outshaves the Vector (face, not head, yet) always. And as pointed out, one can score an E for pennies on the Bay

If you use a proline in the vector and the Schick, it becomes a much better comparison, imo. The blades are the same, just the B-20s are shorter in length. Don't own a vector, but have a Hawk and SS General V1 and many injectors. The injectors are easier to use and produce a very comparable shave. I prefer prolines in all of them except the ones that can take the Japanese twins. Glad you enjoyed the E!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Schick Proline's are the best!

I personally like the wider AC blade and heavier weight. I only use the ATT SE1 with Proline's these days.

If you like the E (or G), look for an Schick M1 Adjustable. While my G1, slightly less aggressive G with a fixed spring, the M1 just feels much more refined when using it to me. Maybe my G1 isn't as pristine, and that's part of difference in feel, or it's the chrome plating on the head, but you can just whip the adjustable around, even on the higher settings, and get as close or closer a shave than with the G.

Bonus is the Adjustable was designed to be capable of using the Schick Twin bonded blades, as well as the more common Chinese Schick, or Proline blades. (I've never used a Proline, and will need to look for a pack of them in the future, but the Chinese Schick and Japanese Schick Twins both provide a nice smooth & close shave).

I've tired a couple of other non-Schick Injectors, and they were not love at first shave. The Persona in particular shaved neither particularly close or as comfortable as either of the Schicks. - It was a looker, but that was about it for me.

If you like the E (or G), look for an Schick M1 Adjustable. While my G1, slightly less aggressive G with a fixed spring, the M1 just feels much more refined when using it to me. Maybe my G1 isn't as pristine, and that's part of difference in feel, or it's the chrome plating on the head, but you can just whip the adjustable around, even on the higher settings, and get as close or closer a shave than with the G...

I will agree with this. The M Adjustable is probably the most user friendly & versatile of the Schick injector line on the whole. It's a culmination so to speak and eliminates the need to be as careful when shaving the sensitive areas around the mouth and chin area that can be a challenge with older models.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
+3 If I could only pick one, the M is probably Best of Class, just spent a week on the road with mine

Top Bottom