What's new

Schick injector users - how many shaves per blade?

For those readers who live in the States, check out the locally owned independent mom & pop pharmacies - the ones near me carry the Schick blades in their shaving section (GEM carbon SE blades too). I prefer the Schicks to the Personnas, they just seem smoother to me and last longer.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
For me probably minimum 10, max around 20. I don't think I've ever pushed one to see exactly how far it would go. For me injector blades have a smoother degradation than DE blades. They get duller, but still do a satisfactory job longer than dulling DE blades.

I am at twice around a 6 sided dice and counting on the Chick blades. I think I can get 20 shaves per blade before I feel the need that it should be changed. I have Taconic blades or whatever they are that came with my Parker adjustable and they don't feel very comfortable in my Schick J1. The funny thing is I tried the chick blade in the Parker and my face/beard really doesn't like that combo either.

My local pharmacy sells the Schick blades. I don't buy them but maybe once every two years since I am more into DE shaving instead. I only use my Injector when I have gone for more than 3 days without shaving. It seems my beard get too tough at that point for a DE blade.

Much of the life of any blade depends how sharp you like them. Myself I generally get about two weeks on an "injector", or AC blade.

Top Bottom