What's new

Schick Injector Type E

I compared my new "opening" E2 with a Barbasol FH. Both delivered a quality, near perfect result using WTG and ATG with no cleanup. I never felt the need to apply more pressure to the Schick.

Yes, it will deliver near perfect results with no pressure, but I have a problem and need perfect.

To get down and dirty, I have to apply some pressure with the injectors in some areas, which is not needed with my goto...

Yes, it will deliver near perfect results with no pressure, but I have a problem and need perfect.

To get down and dirty, I have to apply some pressure with the injectors in some areas, which is not needed with my goto...
Okay.

I’m very pleased to have found this thread.
My E2 (with opening spring) arrived today and with a Schick Plus Platinum blade it was a magnificent head and face shave:
BBB4B05C-ABD2-45F9-9759-9027AD3BCF54.jpeg

Like Gillette did with the Single Ring, Schick got it just right with this one straight out of the box and as far as I’m concerned they could have stopped there.
It’s such an elegant razor, it’s so responsive and manouverable and the angle is completely intuitive.
And as everyone has said it’s a fierce tiger shave.
Just perfect.

The inter-war period was the Golden Age of safety razors eh?
I don’t really enjoy the milder razors of the 50s and 60s but I do love the 21st Century Supply Provision Injector with the aggressive plate and now straight out of the 1930’s the Schick E2 too!

I have an E2 exactly like that in the OP's post in the same type box with magazine and all in the same mint condition. It's a great shaver, but I can tell no difference in shaves between it and my G 1.

I’m very pleased to have found this thread.
My E2 (with opening spring) arrived today and with a Schick Plus Platinum blade it was a magnificent head and face shave:
View attachment 952847

Like Gillette did with the Single Ring, Schick got it just right with this one straight out of the box and as far as I’m concerned they could have stopped there.
It’s such an elegant razor, it’s so responsive and manouverable and the angle is completely intuitive.
And as everyone has said it’s a fierce tiger shave.
Just perfect.

The inter-war period was the Golden Age of safety razors eh?
I don’t really enjoy the milder razors of the 50s and 60s but I do love the 21st Century Supply Provision Injector with the aggressive plate and now straight out of the 1930’s the Schick E2 too!

Marcus, my E2 (also with the swivel spring) is my favorite injector, and I've got a bunch. I still don't get why they dumbed it down over time at Schick. I only wish it could hold a twin blade.

Marcus, my E2 (also with the swivel spring) is my favorite injector, and I've got a bunch. I still don't get why they dumbed it down over time at Schick. I only wish it could hold a twin blade.
I hear you Scott! 12 hours on I’m still wowed out by how good the E2 shaves.

I’d wondered if you could jam a twin blade in there by opening up the spring and loading it manually rather than injecting it?
This works with the Supply but the E2 head looks a bit more fragile...

Beautiful E-2, one of my favorite shavers!
Looks like your's is a later model, and the spring is fixed. The earlier ones could be slid to the side and opened for cleaning, but not this one. Don't try to force it open. Enjoy the shaves!
I think that's what happened to a Type G that I got at a flea market (for free, at least).
The spring was turned 60 degrees to the left, the head was bent back (between the spring and the handle stud) by about 15 degrees, and the (plastic?) handle was broken off.
After all that vandalism, there was still an old blade in it, one with only two holes. I suspect they were trying to get the blade out without an injector key and thought they could loosen the head.

I hear you Scott! 12 hours on I’m still wowed out by how good the E2 shaves.

I’d wondered if you could jam a twin blade in there by opening up the spring and loading it manually rather than injecting it?
This works with the Supply but the E2 head looks a bit more fragile...

Glad you are enjoying it man.

My E2 is more aggressive than my E3.

Thank you.

I don't know if I will be able to get an Injector E2 version here in Europe, but it seems that this is a nice version.

Does an E3 shave like an E2 Injector?
To me, my examples seem to shave the same. I've never actually loaded a fresh blade in both and tried them back to back to be sure if I could tell a difference between the two, but I doubt I could tell them apart.

Top Bottom