What's new

Schick Injector Type E or G?

Decent day at the antique store yesterday. In addition to a 46 Ranger and 64 J1 Slim in great shape, I found a variety of Schick injectors. Like the looks of this one and price was right. After some clean up (more to follow), I am trying to identify. I think it is a Type E since only "Schick" is on the head and "Made in USA" and only one Patent number. Spring appears to be locked with a tab (see photos). Any confirmation of this razor as a Type E or am I missing something. If a Type E, what model? E3? Can the spring/clamp be opened to assist cleaning?
Love the handle, but not as user cleaner friendly as my Eversharp Hydromagic. file-3 (4).jpeg file-5 (2).jpeg file-4 (3).jpeg file-6 (1).jpeg

Looks like an E-3 to me. Hard to tell from the pics, but if the grooves on the safety bar are nice ans straight it's a 3. If there irregular it's a 2. Either way it should be a great shaver. Congrats on your haul. enjoy!

Looks like an E-3 to me. Hard to tell from the pics, but if the grooves on the safety bar are nice ans straight it's a 3. If there irregular it's a 2. Either way it should be a great shaver. Congrats on your haul. enjoy!

The pics are fuzzy, but it looks like an E3 to me, too.

Brother pole,

If there is a thin single seam running the length of the top side of the handle it is a Type G. If there is no seam, it's a Type E.

If the spring truly is locked with a tab, do not attempt to open it. Yeah, you can force it open, but it may ruin the spring. It's also unnecessary, as the head is self cleaning every time you insert a new blade.

Top Bottom