What's new

Schick injector that opens (how often do you open and clean)

I recently got an injector that opens and like it a lot.
Usually using DE razors, I will take the blade rinse it in filtered water and let it dry. Also rinse the top cap and baseplate and those I rub dry.
Anyway, the question is: should I open this Schick after every shave and clean it, will it prolong the life of the blade? Obviously I do not want to ruin the razor for a few more shaves as I really like it. Haven't been using it every day.
Appreciate you advice
Thx.
61552720188__1A720943-A187-4914-ABDF-CB7B7C9E8C35.jpg

It's the one on the right.

That feature was largely discontinued on future injectors. It's really not necessary. Every time you load a blade the blade chamber is cleaned automatically.

I have several Schick Injectors, and have opened them all. Every one had a tenacious brown sludge coating the inside that soaking & scrubbing wouldn't remove. After I cleaned out "someone elses' crud" it's only necessary to rinse after each use, and spray & soak with Scrubbing bubbles every couple of months to keep soap scum from accumulating.
The easiest and safest way to open an injector is with a small crescent wrench:
open an injector.jpg

I have several Schick Injectors, and have opened them all. Every one had a tenacious brown sludge coating the inside that soaking & scrubbing wouldn't remove. After I cleaned out "someone elses' crud" it's only necessary to rinse after each use, and spray & soak with Scrubbing bubbles every couple of months to keep soap scum from accumulating.
The easiest and safest way to open an injector is with a small crescent wrench:
View attachment 1130395
No! My God, no!

I wouldn’t open anything but an E-1, and even then I wouldn’t open it because it’s not necessary. Rinse it off and put it away til next time

I have a couple of E2s, which also have swiveling springs (though they're curved, not flat). The only time I open up the razor is when I want to use a Proline blade, which are not packaged in an injector. I never open to clean, but when I use a Proline, I never see gunk or anything else in the razor innards.

Top Bottom