What's new

Schick injector question?

I have looked at a few and am still learning. I found a g type that was described as 'like new'. Is a textured finish on the head normal? I have seen several like this and some look perfectly smooth.
Screenshot_20200222-182200.png

The answer is yes that sometimes they would finish the razors like that. Based on what I know that style of finish would be sold in a lower priced set when they did. That razor for example was the low cost razor they sold in the Schick 66 set or G4 if you go by the modern designations. 66 because the set cost 66 cents. That finish and the fact it is chrome is what they did to cut costs but still bill it as the same razor as the more expensive one that came in the $1+ set.

Also this thread should be moved over to the SE section.

The answer is yes that sometimes they would finish the razors like that. Based on what I know that style of finish would be sold in a lower priced set when they did. That razor for example was the low cost razor they sold in the Schick 66 set or G4 if you go by the modern designations. 66 because the set cost 66 cents. That finish and the fact it is chrome is what they did to cut costs but still bill it as the same razor as the more expensive one that came in the $1+ set.

Also this thread should be moved over to the SE section.
Sorry just realized I posted in the wrong forum.

I've heard that Schick sometimes used spare parts or used non-specified parts if they had a temporary shortage, and that's why sometimes the various injectors seem slightly different in appearance than what we would expect.

However, those changes were primarily cosmetic and they didn't affect the effectiveness of the razor or its shave. I love injectors, including the short term factory variants.

Top Bottom