What's new

Schick Injector Question

I picked up a Canadian Schick) maybe early 1950's) from an antique market. I have chick blades from Amazon in the mail (supposed to arrive by the 25th). So I have a couple of questions:

Can you use "scrubbing Bubble s" to clean injectors (worried about the handle)?

Looking at the injector head (I have never owned/used one of these before), it looks as if there is a brass blade in there? I am seeing things correctly?

$Schick Injector May 2014 001.jpg

$Schick Injector May 2014 004.jpg$Schick Injector May 2014 002.jpg$Schick Injector May 2014 003.jpg

Does inserting the tab of the "key" push out the old blade, and then a lever would slide in a new one?

Is there any scans of injector instructions?

That doesn't look like a real blade. You may have gotten a mint razor which has a dummy blade in it for the initial blade load. Loading an empty injector razor can damage the blade, so they were sold with a blank in them so they wouldn't be empty.

To see how to load an injector, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ52zoN5acU

That does appear to be a blank that is used on new razors.

Looks like you got a killer fine Schick

why would you use scrubbing bubbles on a new razor?

A soft tooth brush and some dish soap should be all you need to spiff it up like it was 50 years ago

Thank you for the adivise.

Wow! :w00t: an unused injector, that sounds great. Now I am thinking I should find another to use and save this one.

Here are two injector instructions scans. The one below is for the Schick adjustable.

$Adjust 1.jpg

The scan below is for the Schick Golden 500 (your models does not have the Hydromagic feature).

$SchickGoldManual2.jpg

Thank you for the adivise.

Wow! :w00t: an unused injector, that sounds great. Now I am thinking I should find another to use and save this one.

No go ahead and use that one.

I bought a NOS (still in the bubble) I-2 hydromagic Schick to use. Fantastic feeling to be the one to break it out of the factory packaging. You can't get a better shave than using a new razor. Certainly can't blame the tool anyway

They are very plentiful and were made in the millions so don't worry about using a NOS one.

Make sure you save that blanking dummy. They are harder to find that a NEW razor :yesnod: You can put it back in when you put the razor away in storage as it is not good to leave them empty and just as not good to put them away with a SHARP blade in them.

To reuse the blank just insert it back into an injector and then shove it out into the razor to replace the old blade

Welcome to the Secret Society of Injector Shavers, Pepin. I know you're going to really like that Canadian Schick. Maybe it will inspire you to try some of the other ones.

I ended up buying an other Schick injector. Looks to be a "G".

My blades had arrived in the post when I got home, so tomorrow morning will be my first run at an injector.

Looking forward to it. I started vintage shaving thinking I will stick to DE razors...... well that did not last.

I have 5 SE razors, even got a Auto-Strop (did say I was not going to get one) after I saw what great shape it was in, and had a pack of vintage blades.

Now I have gotten into injectors.

So I loaded the new blade in after cleaning. It loads very easily.

I used Truefitt & Hill Rose cream and my B&B boar brush.

It shaved very nicely, a great smooth shave. It was very easy to use, even shaving my head.

$Arcade 2013 185.jpg$Arcade 2013 178.jpg

It looks slightly different from the Canadian Eversharp Schick.

Is there a way to tell the approximate age, or model (E, G)?

The Renaldo page does not have images of the bottom, where the tabs/bumps are

It is definitely a Type E, perhaps an E3, and it looks extremely nice. If the groves on the safety bar are parallel, it is an E3, if not, it is a late E2. In either case, it is probably from the late 30s.

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying one of the greatest razors that you can get.

Top Bottom