What's new

Schick Injector on ebay

There is a white handled Schick injector razor on ebay, the seller say's its Pre world war II, looks good but the price for it as of now is $50+. Why is this injector so highly priced, i thought these sold for around $15 to $20 shipped? Is it special in some way or is it one of those ebay bidding wars? I have not followed the injector market on ebay and any info on this will be helpful. BTW I am looking for a similar piece. :w00t:...:biggrin:

That's a Type E made from 1935-1945. If that is the red case it is the rarest of them all and was made for WWII armed forces other than the Navy. The Navy had a more common blue case.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's a lot of money for that. I bought a NIB injector for $20 not too long ago, and I always found the older models to be rather aggressive for my tastes. You should be able to locate a good user for a fraction of that price.

That's a lot of money for that. I bought a NIB injector for $20 not too long ago, and I always found the older models to be rather aggressive for my tastes. You should be able to locate a good user for a fraction of that price.

True, you could find one of the more common ones for much less than that. Possibly a plastic handled Type G (seamed) from the post WWII era. But, the bakelite handled E's (no seam) in that condition and in the red case would definitely demand more.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Thanks, Guido. You always have the right info.:thumbup1:

I have some with the bakelite handle, but in nowhere near as good condition as the one displayed. I guess if someone likes that particular razor, it would be considered a great find.

Thanks, Guido. You always have the right info.:thumbup1:

I have some with the bakelite handle, but in nowhere near as good condition as the one displayed. I guess if someone likes that particular razor, it would be considered a great find.

The Type G's and the earlier Type E's are almost identical in appearance. They have the exact same traditional head and the plastic handle is the same design as the bakelite. The surest way to tell them apart is to check for a tiny seam which runs lengthwise down the middle of the Type G handles. The bakelites have no seam at all.

It appears at least two people were familiar with the scarcity of this set. That is definitely the red cased Type E. The black dispenser verifies military issue. The brown case is by far the most common as it was marketed to the general public. It is much more likely that these users keep their cases in good repair. The blue cases were Navy issues in much fewer numbers. Given the fact that most Navy service members would be more likely to have a place to safely store their personal belongings it makes since more of these cases would have survived than the red ones. As I mentioned before, the red cases were non-Navy military issues. I could well imagine many of these cases being thrown away to lighten loads and just the razor and dispenser being carried.

All in all, a blanket statement that you can get one of these for $20 shipped is misapplied since even within the Type E's the value is widely ranged based upon the scarcity of the version and the condition.

Guido, I love the Schick injectors. I have 3, one butterscotch (I think E type bakelite, no seam), one milky green handled (which came with a wobbly head, not happy), and one white/with a barest hint of marbling. Here are the pics of the butterscotch. If you had a second could you post a few pics of your favorites and most colorful. Many thanks, Darjeeling.

Top Bottom