What's new

Schick Injector Model L1

Hi all
I just received a schick model L1 and a Personna adjustable injector .
I decided to shave with the L1.

I’ve been using my model N for the last 2 weeks and have been getting great shaves .

Today I have 3 days growth and used
Proraso white pre shave
Barrister and Mann Seville
New Chinese schick blade
Nivea 2 in 1 splash aftershave

Great shave. This thing mowed through 3 days growth like it wasn’t even there with no clogging at all.

It didn’t feel any more or less aggressive than my Model N and I had no nicks or irritation . Did my usual 3 pass shave with XTG only on the cheeks and under nose .

Even the troublesome patch on my neck where I tend to get the weepers was fine.

I can’t believe I didn’t try injectors before . So easy to use and yet amazing shaves .
And the icing is they are not even that expensive to buy on eBay.

Thumbs up from me
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The L is just a fantastic design.

I’ve never had a great shave from an E or G, but I’ve never had less than a great shave from an L

Hi all

I’ve been using my model N for the last 2 weeks and have been getting great shaves .

Proraso white pre shave
New Chinese schick blade

Great shave. This thing mowed through 3 days growth like it wasn’t even there with no clogging at all.

It didn’t feel any more or less aggressive than my Model N and I had no nicks or irritation . Did my usual 3 pass shave with XTG only on the cheeks and under nose .

I can’t believe I didn’t try injectors before . So easy to use and yet amazing shaves .

Thumbs up from me
proxy.php

Brother Scraper,

I believe the one stainless steel razor is a Pal Adjustable Injector razor. And here's a tip for using it: Keep the handle lower than what you normally do for the proper blade angle. If you carefully look at the head you will see why. The flat plane of the head that touches the face is at a different angle than the plane of the recessed blade. If you don't lower the handle a bit the cutting angle of the blade will be ineffective.

I view the Type L Schick as a mild shaver, too mild for me, for it's a good razor for the right face. All the Schick Injector razors do best with the head that touches the skin being flat against the skin, contrary to the Pal Adjustable Injector.

Brother Scraper,

I believe the one stainless steel razor is a Pal Adjustable Injector razor. And here's a tip for using it: Keep the handle lower than what you normally do for the proper blade angle. If you carefully look at the head you will see why. The flat plane of the head that touches the face is at a different angle than the plane of the recessed blade. If you don't lower the handle a bit the cutting angle of the blade will be ineffective.

I view the Type L Schick as a mild shaver, too mild for me, for it's a good razor for the right face. All the Schick Injector razors do best with the head that touches the skin being flat against the skin, contrary to the Pal Adjustable Injector.

Ahh yes you’re right . It’s a PAL adjustable . I don’t know why I wrote personna.

Thanks for the tip on shaving angle on the PAL.

Hi all

Proraso white pre shave
New Chinese schick blade

Thumbs up from me
proxy.php

Two of my favorite razors right there. Also like the Pal Injectomatic when it comes to removing multiple day's worth of growth.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

I have E’s, G’s, J’s and an L. The L is far and away the worst shaver. The stainless head doesn’t glide as well as the other’s brass.

I have E’s, G’s, J’s and an L. The L is far and away the worst shaver. The stainless head doesn’t glide as well as the other’s brass.
i don'y have any of the brass injectors so don't have a frame of reference. However, i didn't find any issue with razor glide with my L injector.

One of my all time favorite razors! It's the only one that sits on my bathroom counter and never gets put away. Sometimes I just reach for it when I get out of the shower, instead of deciding which razor to use. Sometimes I reach for it even after I've set up an entirely different razor with a blade and all! It's just that good!

Top Bottom