What's new

Schick Injector.....Grrrrrr

My friend was at a shop in northern Seoul and saw this item displayed.

proxy.php

But, the shop owner says they're (apparently there are about seven of them) just decorations and not for sale! What the!? I wonder how I can change his mind.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Everything is for sale. Twenty bucks would be a great price, and certainly a good starting point.

How are the Schick Injectors as far as shaves go? What kind of reputation do they have?

The later models (like the one you posted a picture of) are quite good.

Blades are still widely available as well.

Everything is for sale. Twenty bucks would be a great price, and certainly a good starting point.

As an update on this thread: I went with my friend to find this shop in northern Seoul and oddly enough this was in a women's clothing shop. So, i went in and started talking to the woman who was working and told her I collected razors (partly true) and that I was very interested to buy this item. So, she got on the phone and called the owner of the shop. As they were talking I heard her comment in surprise about the expense of the razor. She hung up, and then turned to me and quoted the price. $180. :eek:

Obviously, I walked out empty-handed. But, I have no idea where this guy was getting his prices. In the window on my way out was the same model, but in gold.

Good Grief! Those razors were originally purchased from a PX at a nearby U.S. military base! See the aafes (aka Army & Air Force Exchange Services) on the price sticker? That's a dead give away.

As an update on this thread: I went with my friend to find this shop in northern Seoul and oddly enough this was in a women's clothing shop. So, i went in and started talking to the woman who was working and told her I collected razors (partly true) and that I was very interested to buy this item. So, she got on the phone and called the owner of the shop. As they were talking I heard her comment in surprise about the expense of the razor. She hung up, and then turned to me and quoted the price. $180. :eek:

Obviously, I walked out empty-handed. But, I have no idea where this guy was getting his prices. In the window on my way out was the same model, but in gold.

Are you sure the price she was quoting was in dollars? The owner might have been asking you for 180 Won, the South Korean monetary unit, equivalent to about 16 US cents. But that price doesn't sound right, either. (See www.oanda.com for current exchange rates.)

Even if the guy is a profiteering pirate, $180 seems a bit much to ask ... it could be a cultural thing, where you are expected to bargain with him.

I think that the $20 mentioned earlier for the lot of seven razors is a fair price for both buyer and seller.

While we're on the subject of Schick injectors, I'm looking for an adjustable one, with the round 1~7 dial. I need it to round out my rotation razors. Anybody have one?

Are you sure the price she was quoting was in dollars? The owner might have been asking you for 180 Won, the South Korean monetary unit, equivalent to about 16 US cents.

I am 100% positive on the price. My Korean is pretty good and I never stumble over prices, especially prices with such a large discrepancy as this. I thought about bargaining, but the woman working didn't really know much about the item. If the owner had been there I may have tried. But, I'd rather not do any business with someone trying to price gouge on this level.

When my friend originally went there the person working said it wasn't for sale. I convinced the woman to call the owner. I think the price was set artificially high to make it unsellable.

I am 100% positive on the price. My Korean is pretty good and I never stumble over prices, especially prices with such a large discrepancy as this. I thought about bargaining, but the woman working didn't really know much about the item. If the owner had been there I may have tried. But, I'd rather not do any business with someone trying to price gouge on this level.

When my friend originally went there the person working said it wasn't for sale. I convinced the woman to call the owner. I think the price was set artificially high to make it unsellable.

That's too bad about the price.

Top Bottom